• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Leaving the South Bucket List

09deaconX

Reaction score
Alright Pit,

So in two months I'll leave Winston to start school in Chicago. After 7 years in the Dash (4 student, 3 townie) I've gotten to do most everything here, but wanted to make sure I get to experience all things South (read: awesome) one more time before I head out. Besides the people aspect (having lunch with friends, mentors), what do I need to do before I leave? Current midwesterners, what do you miss not having up there? Here's what I got so far...

Things to Do:
-Beach Trip
-Meal on the Quad
-Frisbee Golf on Campus
-NASCAR race (complete)
-Nationals Game (probably more a personal thing than a South thing...)
-Convince CaptainAwesome to move to Chicago

Places to Eat:
-Cookout (duh)
-Hillbilly Hideaway
-Little Richard's
-Chic-Fil-A
-Mellow Mushroom

What else you got?

-09X

I would be very sad to move somewhere without Chicfila.

<---------
I'd add Whitewater Center to the list too

pilot mountain
asheville

- Go to Nashville and visit Robert's Western World
- Hook it with DemonDKE's (R.I.P.) mom

Wilson, NC bbq.

Bourbon Trail

Visit Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge or Knoxville for a college football saturday.

Visit a legit Civil War Battlefield.

Eat at Calabash Seafood Hut in Calabash NC, Prince's Hot Chicken in Nashville, and Ms Wilkes Boarding House in Savannah GA.

Spend a weekend in Charleston, go to Off the Hook and Poe's on Sullivans one night and go down town for the next.

Play a round of beer golf at a local Winston public course.

lexington_bbq_web.jpg

Back