• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

B. Times article on JTT

But I thought that he and Bz didn't get along and that he had checked out long ago!?

I'm glad to read his thoughts and hope that the entire team goes into the offseason and next year with a "Never Again!" mentality.

But I thought that he and Bz didn't get along and that he had checked out long ago!?

I'm glad to read his thoughts and hope that the entire team goes into the offseason and next year with a "Never Again!" mentality.

Huh? It was pretty common thing to see people say that JTT was one of the guys buying most into Bzz's way of doing things.

Other players...not so much. But JTT defs was.

Sarcasm DV7. Do you not remember all the comments about how he would ignore Bz in the huddles or that he didn't buy into the team concept?

Huh? It was pretty common thing to see people say that JTT was one of the guys buying most into Bzz's way of doing things.

Other players...not so much. But JTT defs was.

Not to nitpick, but I think bid1966 or some other such loon was absolutely convinced that JTT had given up on the coaching staff.

But that's bid.

Sarcasm DV7. Do you not remember all the comments about how he would ignore Bz in the huddles or that he didn't buy into the team concept?

Damn. My e-sarcasm meter must not be working today. I blame all of my attention being on the United match today.

I'll slowly slink away now.

“Getting tougher, getting stronger, getting quicker, getting better on defense,” he said of his offseason focus. “Just working on my overall game and just becoming a better college basketball player."

Let me love you...

Maybe we need to make a emoticon that is just used for sarcasm since it does cause confusion from time to time.

Really looking forward to seeing how much he can progress over the summer. Despite how horrible this basketball season was, I'm excited and optimistic about next season.

Hopefully my excitement and optimism doesn't get crushed by mid-November again.

Dan Collins was convinced [Redacted] had lost the entire team after the Wilmington game based on Terrell not answering his questions (awwwwww...poor Dan).

I mean, I guess there is plenty of circumstantial evidence from the rest of the horrible season to which one could point to argue that, but I think we've seen enough from the players to know that most of their heads were still there, more or less.

Dan Collins was convinced [Redacted] had lost the entire team after the Wilmington game based on Terrell not answering his questions (awwwwww...poor Dan).

I mean, I guess there is plenty of circumstantial evidence from the rest of the horrible season to which one could point to argue that, but I think we've seen enough from the players to know that most of their heads were still there, more or less.

I think a lot of them were shell shocked to be:
1)freshman playing big minutes in college basketball for an ACC team
2) losing to teams we've historically dominated
3) trying to learn to be a college athlete while also going through the normal adjustments of freshman year

I don't think they tuned buzz out, I think they were overwhelmed and there wasn't a whole lot of upperclassmen leadership for them to look up to.

3) trying to learn to be a college athlete while also going through the normal adjustments of freshman year

I don't think they tuned buzz out, I think they were overwhelmed and there wasn't a whole lot of upperclassmen leadership for them to look up to.

I agree completely, which is why I thought it odd that Collins would have gone there so early in the season, essentially based on one exchange and Terrell's body language in the second half of that game, rather than reflect on the points you just made.

I really like what I hear from Terrell in that article, though it would have been great to hear "ball handling" in that list of improvements, but he does say "overall game."

Rings very true. Glad to read JTT's comments in the article.

Interesting that I never saw any rumors floating around either. Probably better for my health that I didn't until it was cleared up.

Really looking forward to seeing how much he can progress over the summer. Despite how horrible this basketball season was, I'm excited and optimistic about next season.

Hopefully my excitement and optimism doesn't get crushed by mid-November again.

+1

Well...maybe Bzz's strategy was to take the team as low as it could possibly go before rebuilding. It sure sounds like JTT got the message about teamwork and off-season preparation...while losing or winning. If all of them have this attitude, we'll be much improved. I still worry about game coaching, but I think he's got the team focused in the right way.

How much can coach work with the players over the summer?

Follow up question... has Carson been in the Pit 7 times a day. I want what was promised to me!!11!!

Back