• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics: Memes: RESULTS POSTED

Bunch of whiners from Rome, I guess that's to be expected from a fallen, has-been empire.

Nope. IaT said it would be allowed. Even the NoVa one would qualify as an original, even though the words are the same as an existing meme.

Also, exact copy of what I told you:

It's really up to the judges how they judge it on originality - and inspired but not copied I would think is ok. It wouldn't be disqualified.

If the words are copied verbatim, the judges will take note I'm sure

Love Poland's original, both of China's, and both of Rome's.

Like Greece's two and Fiji's adaptation.

Poland's original picture is what made me lol, not the text. No viral potential, which is one of the big requirements here.

China's "original" is an adaptation of Scumbag Steve, but not bad. Has some viral potential but the situation isn't really "scumbag." Obviously, I enjoyed their other one immensely.

Rome's Wonka is good, but their original has no viral ability and is just a funny picture.

Australia did their adaptation wrong, should be bad luck brian.

Fiji's aren't bad, don't know the viral potential of the Dino one.

Oklahoma's reminds me of vtwhatever's stuff.

We have a bunch of different "We're number one"s and it came down to a vote.

I enjoyed Germany's submissions as well.

We had a Philosoraptor basically identical to Rome that we nixed earlier on in favor of the 3rd world success meme (and once again Australia with the weak missed opportunity).

Wait... did people not really get the joke I was making with the adapted meme? The dude is black. Ph is black and got last. I know it didn't fit in perfectly with the normal memes with that dude, but that's why it is "adapted."

I thought the connection would have been obvious as to a joke relating to the recent scores. I guess not.

Reactions: ITK
Wait... did people not really get the joke I was making with the adapted meme? The dude is black. Ph is black and got last. I know it didn't fit in perfectly with the normal memes with that dude, but that's why it is "adapted."

I thought the connection would have been obvious as to a joke relating to the recent scores. I guess not.

We got it, but you just flipped the meme upside down since it's supposed to be successful black guy meme, not typical/stereotype black guy meme.

The vast majority of these originals are very funny, but have absolutely no ability to go viral.

It isn't original... the only reason it works is because it is an adaptation of an EXISTING meme. I understood that the original meme had to be a new pic and a new caption and not based on existing memes. China with the DQ.

THEY TOOK A RISK!!!!

The vast majority of these originals are very funny, but have absolutely no ability to go viral.

Yea seeing as how nobody is gonna pick up on most of the nuance of the Wake jokes, it is unlikely any of these could "go viral." Hence why we picked the funniest picture we could, as Hello alluded to.

For those that might have been too lazy to click ours, we hosted now.

who are the players in the tailgating one, it's osdtoy watching but then who are the other peeps?

I'm wearing the jersey, greendeacon (from scout) is bending over, and attitudedeac is in the background.

Of all the things going on in that tailgating picture, I think my favorite might be attitudedeac angrily playing the piano

At least thats what I'm assuming he's doing and nobody will tell me otherwise.

Back