• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington Restaurant Recommendations

Most of everything has been covered so far but the beach/beach bars are going to be a shitshow this weekend for obvious reasons. Places like red dogs and 22 north are going to be packed and an ordeal, I'd stick with Lagerheads/Neptunes/Jerry Allens. Depends on your group/size but it's probably worth checking out downtown Wilmington for at least one night. There's a lot of cool bars down there. I like the area near Husk/Blue Post/Duck and Dive and usually stick around there during holiday weekends. There's a concert series on water street all summer but it's a coldplay cover band this weekend so I won't exactly recommend that. But it's an excuse to drink outside in good weather before rolling into the surrounding bars. If you head that way check out the cellar afterwards, it's a pretty chill spot.

Depending on how far you're going from the beach, I'd suggest the Copper Penny on Chestnut in between Front and 2d.

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been mentioned already. I'm a few days too late. I'm leaving town for the holiday for the first time since moving down in '99. I kinda have mixed feelings about it.

If you're downtown for lunch you need to hit Chop's Deli on the ASAP...there is a new one in Monkey Jxn too but haven't been there yet.

if you go to pure gold look for harley, she's very friendly.

Caprice Bistro on Market St. near the river is excellent! Great food and incredible atmosphere. If you like French/Belgian food, this is the place to go.

I was always a fan of Two Guys Grille.

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop is great. It's a chain, but I think Wilmington has the only one in NC. It's located in the Harris Teeter shopping center a little further down Oleander from Flaming Amy's (which is obviously great also.) South College Sandwich & Deli, Hops Supply Co. & Mission BBQ are good spots also.

Don't know Wilmington very well, but kinda surprised there's no mention of Dock Street Oyster Bar. Thought it was much better than Dockside, Elijah's, and the Pilot House.

another good sandwich place is South College Deli near UNCW. Dixie Grill is a good breakfast place but gets crowded on the weekends. Little Dipper has amazing fondue but, as is the case with such places, is pricey. I've been to Circa 1922 for dinner twice, with the second time being a much better experience than the first.

I forgot to mention be sure to eat breakfast at sweet and savory. They have a bunch of really good breakfast sandwiches.

This. Lunch and dinner here is pretty good too. Very casual place. Definitely not fine dining.

there's a new BBQ place next to sezuan 132 near the university

sezuan 132 sucks balls

Back