• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

XBOX 360 NCAA 13 Online Dynasty - Last call before league folds

Someone talk to me about the new game, is it as unrealistic as 2012? If so I'm never going to get it. What I mean by that is: does the computer go into God mode in the last quarter every single game? I don't know what level to play at unless someone has solid All-American sliders. I can't play on Heisman because I'll be up by 2 or 3 touchdowns and the game will literally make it impossible for me to do anything. Why can't they come up with a skill set that makes it challenging all throughout and not absurd at the end.

I was up 24-7 with 6 minutes left and was dominating the game. Over the final six minutes I was magically unable to get back to the line on any rush plays, was not able to stop any pass the computer threw even if I was user controlling and attempting to swat. Twice I swatted the ball and it bounced straight up to the receiver. The computer was down 24-21 with 13 seconds after I ran the clock down and exhausted their timeouts. I punted it out of bounds and they were on their own 25 yard line. They completed about a 10 yard pass for the first down, hurried to the line, spiked the ball, and then called a hail mary. I jumped in front of the pass and whiffed on it while swatting and the computer caught it at around the 15 yard line. He then broke 3 tackles and ran into the end zone as time expired. These were tackles that would never be broken, as in he jumped with his back to the end zone to catch it and then I hit him while he was catching it and he broke it mid-air before breaking two more.

I don't know what to do, the game isn't fun when this happens nearly every game. This was the fourth fourth quarter comeback in seven games this season for the computer and they've won on two hail mary's, a field goal from 52 yards with no time left, and then a touchdown with a minute left where I threw a pick on a screen pass on 1st down and they took it back for a TD.

A note for everyone:

If you do not plan on auto-recruiting or not using all of your time, please set your status to "ready to advance." Once I see 12 green lights, I won't have to wonder about if people are ready, I can just advance.

Thank you.

I don't really care for recruiting so I always set mine green to advance as soon as I finish my game. I haven't touched any of the settings so I hope the CPU is auto-recruiting for me.

OK... since there does seem to be auto recruiting, and Hello said we could advance if there was auto recruiting, I will go ahead and advance sometime this afternoon. In the future, everyone please set your light to green once you are finished. It will make things go much smoother.

df27, when do you want to play our game? Does tonight work for you?

Good win by Redwing.

Embarrassing performance by myself. Had the ball for like 10 seconds in the second half.

I played on balanced the whole game and Iowa's running back went insane in the second half because I blew no less than 40 tackles.

There's no reason IMO to ever not set big hits or strip ball to conservative unless you're losing. I set it to conservative at the beginning of every game and I set catching to conservative on offense. I still pick the ball off plenty and don't need the blown tackles that come with the slightly increased chance of having so many missed tackles.

There's no reason IMO to ever not set big hits or strip ball to conservative unless you're losing. I set it to conservative at the beginning of every game and I set catching to conservative on offense. I still pick the ball off plenty and don't need the blown tackles that come with the slightly increased chance of having so many missed tackles.

Yeah that's apparently what I need to do.

I stopped him at the line a ton in the first half but then in the second half I have no idea what the hell happened. He had two plays where his RB broke (literally) like 7 tackles.

Redwing deserved the victory no doubt. Kudos to pounding away and letting my defense eff itself over.

Also, not that anyone really cares but I figure this is as good a place as any to vent/discuss my offline dynasty, I'm dominating the newly-minted WAC (made it so we have a championship game with six teams in each division, Pioneers and Cowboys). It's a bunch of scrub teams still, but I added Troy into the other division and with Nevada and Fresno in mine there are some solid battles. I'm undefeated in the conference but got tonned by SMU 48-28 which is the lone blemish in my 8-1 season. I have NMSU up to a two-star team now and my coach prestige is up to B+. I also have some solid recruits coming in next year as more three stars are interested.

One thing I still struggle with is getting the realistic aspect of it right (beyond New Mexico State actually being good at football hah). The scores to my games are about the same as other ones but I do 8 minute quarters and my stats are still a little low. Also the rushing attack by the computer is pretty putrid when I play them but it's hard to tell if that's just because of the quality of the opponent (mostly WAC teams) or if it's because the computer rushing sliders are a little low. My defense has been one of the best in the country all three years and my offense has been one of the worst, this leads me to believe I need to play longer quarters, but how can I go about doing this while keeping the scoring down? I already chew clock but I feel like if I don't chew clock that the games will get to ridiculous scores. So far I've never scored more than 60 in a game and the computer has never scored more than 55.

Any thoughts would be awesome.

Oh also my key to a solid offlline dynasty is establish the running game hardcore...I recruit big hogs on the line and try to land a 3 star RB as soon as possible. I then go for a solid backup because my runningback seems to get hurt every single year. Most of the time I can work well with a RB around 70 if their speed is around 80-85, and so far have had one every single year. I think it's easier to compete with a mediocre runningback than with a mediocre QB and most of the time I just get a couple of wideouts a year, one big guy for possession and one quick guy for dump offs. I'm getting better with my QB though because I run the ball so much the defense creeps up and I can run PA's to perfection.

Also New Mexico is LOL bad in this game, almost through my third season they're 3-30. They went 2-10 year one, 0-12 year two, and are 1-8 this year. It's the easiest rivalry win ever, I kill them everytime we play. They're D- in everything and are worse than the FCS teams who are typically D- overall but will have at least one D category on offense or defense.

Funny thing about FCS teams too is that the first game I played year one with NMSU, I faced off against FCS East and Herbstreit predicted them to win, smh.

Good win by Redwing.

Embarrassing performance by myself. Had the ball for like 10 seconds in the second half.

I played on balanced the whole game and Iowa's running back went insane in the second half because I blew no less than 40 tackles.

First half he was able to force two fumbles from my RB, but I recovered both. If I had lost either, it would have killed me. I can't afford to make any mistakes, as is evidenced by the pick 6 I threw at the end of the first half. Luckily, I've got a pretty good D and that helps me stay in the games.

Back