• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barry Bonds

One was on juice and the other in a '' prominently white'' league... interesting.. does it even things up?

Last edited:
Hitting the most homeruns over a career means being the best player?

Hitting the most homeruns over a career means being the best player?

I don't think so, but I think it is the crux of the Bonds argument. People are mad because he used steroids and broke a major record in baseball. Bonds can't ever be considered the best player, he never won a title.

I don't think so, but I think it is the crux of the Bonds argument. People are mad because he used steroids and broke a major record in baseball. Bonds can't ever be considered the best player, he never won a title.

I don't think Baseball players have to win a title to be considered great. It is by far the sport where individuals can be great and their team can still lose.

I don't think Baseball players have to win a title to be considered great. It is by far the sport where individuals can be great and their team can still lose.

I'm talking G.O.A.T though.

Ted Williams = most talented baseball player ever

Even if you include batting eye in talent, I disagree.

I'd either go with Mays or Ruth for his two-way talents, or Josh Gibson, who was maybe the most talented hitter ever.

Even if you include batting eye in talent, I disagree.

I'd either go with Mays or Ruth for his two-way talents, or Josh Gibson, who was maybe the most talented hitter ever.

I find it hard to judge Ruth because the game he played was just so different than anything else we're used to. Similarly, it is hard to compare a Negro League ballplayer to MLB players.

Ted Williams was just an all-around boss and I think has the edge in hitting over Mays.

And back to writing my paper on Yogi Berra.

Back