• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe is a Homophobe

It was pretty funny to me how blatantly the camera caught it and how he yelled Bennie first. I took it as just a popular insult at a guy he was angry at and nothing more

From the video he appears more like a petulant child than a homophobe.

If the camera hadn't switched so quickly we would have seen Kobe saying "NTTAWWT"

Yeah, but when Kobe PIITB, it's against his partner's will.

I didn't know that Kobe had actually had a phone conversation with the head of the HRC about the incident. I met Joe Solomonese a couple of years ago at a fundraiser. Pretty good dude.

http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2011/04/kobe-bryant-apologizes-for-gay-slur/

Kobe Bryant Apologizes for Gay Slur
By Kevin Nix
April 13th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Last night in a game against the San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant lashed out at a referee, calling him a “f***ing f***ot” after receiving a technical foul. Tonight, in a pre-game phone call to Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese, Bryant apologized for using the homophobic slur. Bryant expressed understanding and regret for how his words were hurtful and could be used by some to discriminate.

“I applaud Kobe Bryant for his swift apology,” said Solmonese. “We had a very sincere conversation in which he expressed his heartfelt regret for the hurt that his words caused. He told me that it’s never ok to degrade or tease, and that he understands how his words could unfortunately give the wrong impression that this is appropriate conduct. At the end of a difficult day, I applaud Kobe for coming forward and taking responsibility for his actions.”

This morning, HRC condemned the slur and called on the Lakers organization to weigh in on the slur, given both the prominence of Bryant and the influence he wields on and off the court. As the day progressed, NBA Commissioner Stern issued a strong condemnation of Bryant’s action and in an unprecedented move, fined the Lakers’ superstar $100,000.

Its really stupid that he even got fined 100k. Faggot doesn't mean what it used to mean. South Park did this topic well. I'll call someone a fag when they're being a fag. Being homosexual is a different thing entirely.

This silly, how can you fine anybody for any curse in the NBA?

Rasheed Wallace would be in the poor house.

Seriously though, if Kobe has to get fined, why doesn't KG get fined for calling someone a cancer patient? Is it only because Kobe got caught on TV in the act? Some groups are too damned sensitive in this country.

I'll call someone a ____ when they're being a _____.

Fill in the blank:
1) Nigger
2) Spic
3) Jew
4) Towel Head
5) Asshole

I put the last one in there so you have something to call me too. Of course, "asshole" doesn't mean what it used to.:wtfgay:

He got caught on TV, that's why its a big deal - I'm certain that there's 100 times worse language used on the court all the time. Then again, I also use similar language when I'm bowling, so what do I know.

Back