• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most deserved Trophy

ronin1409

Reaction score
Is it:

The Stanley cup
Lombardi trophy
The Commissioner's Trophy
The Larry O'Brien
World cup

or the best poster one?

My vote goes to the Stanley cup.. 82 games of getting hit... no contest

Last edited:
No one gives a shit about hockey though

Without a doubt, the obvious choice for best trophy is World Cup. However, given the choices you presented, I would go with Lombardi.

When the average football career is around 3 years, it is very impressive and well deserved to win one.

Without a doubt, the obvious choice for best trophy is World Cup. However, given the choices you presented, I would go with Lombardi.

When the average football career is around 3 years, it is very impressive and well deserved to win one.
sorry about the world cup.. knew I forgot one

agreed

510037.jpg

Most "deserved"? Easy answer for me.

Any soccer league that doesn't use a stupid playoff *cough*MLS*cough*

In Europe, for example, they play every other team in the division twice - home and away - and total up the points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw.) Whoever has the most points at the end of the season is the Champion.

Fairest and most "deserving" way to be called Champions, IMO.

Most "deserved"? Easy answer for me.

Any soccer league that doesn't use a stupid playoff *cough*MLS*cough*

In Europe, for example, they play every other team in the division twice - home and away - and total up the points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw.) Whoever has the most points at the end of the season is the Champion.

Fairest and most "deserving" way to be called Champions, IMO.

Are you serious? That sounds awful. The playoffs are pretty much the best part of any season for all major sports, even bobknightfan watches the nba playoffs. That sounds like the pussiest way ever to justify giving a championship trophy to a regular season champ.

I would say the NBA. Usually it is the most reflective of the best team in the league. To me that makes it the most deserved because in hockey a goalie can get hot and carry a team way further than they should. In football, just look at the number of wild card teams that win. Baseball is often just a crapshoot once you make the playoffs. I think these playoffs are fun to watch as a spectator because anything could happen, but the NBA is most deserved imo.

Are you serious? That sounds awful. The playoffs are pretty much the best part of any season for all major sports, even bobknightfan watches the nba playoffs. That sounds like the pussiest way ever to justify giving a championship trophy to a regular season champ.

It is definitely the fairest way. The team with the most points over the course of a double round robin is clearly the best team in the league. The length of the season eliminates flukes. In a playoff format, you can be mediocre most of the season and just get hot at the right time.

The question is not most exciting trophy to earn, it is most deserved.

20 teams. 38 matches. (Less teams/matches in some leagues.) Everybody plays each other home and away. How is that a pussy way to decide things exactly?

How can you call someone that wins a playoff the true winner? They didn't have to play over half the other teams in the field! I love playoffs, but they have never crowned a "true" champion (World Cup and all other soccer cups included,) IMO.

The soccer league system is the fairest and best way to determine who "deserves" to be called Champion.

How is that a pussy way? For example not caring and giving little effort for the majority of 82 games because they don't matter at all then only deciding to actually play for 20 or so at the very end of the year screams pussy to me

The way soccer does it is grinding and does crown the true champion, that would seem like "the most deserving". How many times do we hear things like "they weren't really the best in the country, they were just the hottest team in March"? doesn't sound like it's necessarily gives the most deserving champion

20 teams. 38 matches. (Less teams/matches in some leagues.) Everybody plays each other home and away. How is that a pussy way to decide things exactly?

How can you call someone that wins a playoff the true winner? They didn't have to play over half the other teams in the field! I love playoffs, but they have never crowned a "true" champion (World Cup and all other soccer cups included,) IMO.

The soccer league system is the fairest and best way to determine who "deserves" to be called Champion.

In fact, in the actual playoff system, everybody will play everbody in the conference in the regular..... but the Euro football system is actually pretty good.

What I mean with my question is : who is the most challenged physically and mentally on a run for the goal.

I really with the Promotion/Relegation system was implemented by all American sports as well. Would add such drama for both collegiate and pro sports.

In fact, in the actual playoff system, everybody will play everbody in the conference in the regular..... but the Euro football system is actually pretty good.

What I mean with my question is : who is the most challenged physically and mentally on a run for the goal.

But the regular season is just to get seeds for the post season which crowns the Champion. So in the process of actually deciding the Champion half the teams are already out of the picture.

NBA playoffs have 16 teams. To be "Champion" you only have to beat 4 of those teams in a best of 7 series. 25%

Most challenged physically and mentally? Subjective. I would guess hockey since it is so fast and punishing. Hard to include soccer in that because they have up to 4 different competitions all going at once including the League. So looking at the League alone for those teams is hard to do.

Back