• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

It makes each weaker. There needs to be a peacemaker to bring all sides together.

There's very little that can't be solved if people are willing to try.

disagree. each community has its own strengths. Keeping them separate maintains those differences. People will flock to whichever one works for them.

I still check both, but I too had the sense over there that I was getting information through a filter. I come here first now, and I think the discussions here have been better. I haven't posted over there since the split.

They think that we're whiny and spoiled while we think that they are old hardliners who tow the line. Both points of view are right and are wrong. We shouldn't post their comments, especially from Premium, here and they shouldn't post ours over there. If we're going to be a separate message board then we should act like it.

*steps off soap box*

disagree. each community has its own strengths. Keeping them separate maintains those differences. People will flock to whichever one works for them.

Exactly. Pos rep.

I think there's a few people on the extreme of each board that wouldn't embrace change.

I'd hazard a guess that if a third option was begun that embraced some of the new technology and change that all but a very, very few of the old board would be there.

A smaller number from here would also resent a third option.

My guess is 95+% of both boards would migrate there.

Within a very short period Scout would become a graveyard. This place would embrace the change a little quicker.

I couldnt care less which board is better. I just want info (generally without paying for it). If more of that is posted here, I'll be here.

I would rather there not be two boards b/c that makes things less efficient for me. But so be it. I have no problem with the other board or the people that run it. I am however more used to the vBulletin format here and think it is better.

My reasons for no longer posting over there and being over here in no particular order

1. The Mods. They are consistently inconsistent in their actions, they will ban one person but not another, they will let one thing go if so and so does it but not another, they censor random things, they let trolls from other boards post at free will, they never are around when actually needed, have made awful decision towards the progress of that board
2. The technology over there is so outdated I might as well be using Prodigy dial up
3. The attitudes of posters over there, there isn't brainwashing over here, there is denial over there about how things really are over here. There are posters be it because they hate change, stubborn, are old, or just disagree with free opinion but we disagree plenty over here, but the arguments we make seem more productive.
4. Posting traffic over here is about 100 times more than over there now
5. The free flow of information. We are allowed to discuss rumors, opinions, we get accurate reports on practice. I can see why some posters at DS are upset because despite claims they don't take the internet serious they loved the fact people would PM for information, or they could have people beg for scraps and roll over for information when all said and done matters very little because it all comes out eventually. Censorship outside of illegal issues, shouldn't exist on a message board that by definition is a place to share information and opinions.
6. Humor and creativity is encourage over here, be it through repping, tags, or just posts you make. This board is more fun because you have the options to say or do ridiculous things. If people don't like it they call you on it, over there you were banned or essentially ostracized and your offense would never be forgotten.
7. Finally, probably the biggest reason was I was banned for no reason what so ever. For posting, as above a joke, that I was "here to stir the pot of unintentional comedy". Despite having thousands of posts and not being someones alternative posting name it was instant ban. That then took 5 days to eventually explain to me my horrible non TOS offense.. So to add to the 500 F words, Fuck Cagles.

I think RJK wants to be Jimmy Carter brokering a Peace Treaty

I doubt I could. Some on each side wouldn't want to deal with me.

I could be a minor player/foot soldier but not the person who did the heavy lifting.

I am a realist.

What would probably have the best chance would be a mix of people like doofus, TW and a couple of the younger guys along with Connor and a couple of the older guys.

What would probably have the best chance would be a mix of people like doofus, TW and a couple of the younger guys along with Connor and a couple of the older guys.

That's essentially what we have here. You just can't handle the pissing matches with dv7 and ZZZZ as posters. Despite that, they've built a good board here and done well as mods.

I'll be damned if I follow somebody nicknamed doofus and another guy that coddles his cat. Hell 2 Da Naw!111!!!

I'm highly doubtful of a happy reunion ever taking place. Never favored a split, but just don't see a reunion happening. Seems to be too much anger floating around, and this place is really thriving.

But I'm truly not the visionary rj seems to be!

That's essentially what we have here. You just can't handle the pissing matches with dv7 and ZZZZ as posters. Despite that, they've built a good board here and done well as mods.

I don't where you see a problem between Z and me.

RJ, the free boards over there are dead. If you look at the topics, only 1/3 have current day posts. I don't understand your desire for a 3rd board. This IS that board.

I'll be damned if I follow somebody nicknamed doofus and another guy that coddles his cat. Hell 2 Da Naw!111!!!

You'd end up being the Simon Bolivar of the new board.....

Or the Pele of the the third board- before his bicylcle kick no one did it....

Who does deacfreke think he is kidding? He has been far and away the most uncivil poster since the new boards started, and he continues to mis-characterize the reactions to good news about our recruits here while completely ignoring his blatant hypocrisy when he bashes our football staff.

Last edited:
RJ, the free boards over there are dead. If you look at the topics, only 1/3 have current day posts. I don't understand your desire for a 3rd board. This IS that board.

But if you look they all have 1000s of views. A third option would end all the wasted energy and create even more vibrancy.

As many have said they go both places.

The reality is a third board is a HUGE win for the originators of this board.

In fact, TW would know if the third board could actually be THIS board erased and restarted on the same location with the same technology.

But if you look they all have 1000s of views. A third option would end all the wasted energy and create even more vibrancy.

As many have said they go both places.

The reality is a third board is a HUGE win for the originators of this board.

In fact, TW would know if the third board could actually be THIS board erased and restarted on the same location with the same technology.

I highly question their method of counting "views"

Back