• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

BBD, I think it woudl take a ton of work to game that. Plus a significant number of people here admit going there.

But if you look they all have 1000s of views. A third option would end all the wasted energy and create even more vibrancy.

As many have said they go both places.

The reality is a third board is a HUGE win for the originators of this board.

In fact, TW would know if the third board could actually be THIS board erased and restarted on the same location with the same technology.

1.jpg

But if you look they all have 1000s of views. A third option would end all the wasted energy and create even more vibrancy.

As many have said they go both places.

The reality is a third board is a HUGE win for the originators of this board.

In fact, TW would know if the third board could actually be THIS board erased and restarted on the same location with the same technology.

I think the there is a difference between views and active threads. They all have over 1000 views probably for a variety of reasons. There are still posters here that view both boards be it out of habit, like the old boards, etc... There are many more lukers or people who don't really care to change where they simply read information or don't know there is this other boards. If you only have 5 threads people continue to click on those threads after every single new post because there is nothing else to read. To take a pulse of the board its better to look at real activity by people posting on the boards. If you are just viewing you arent participating and DS might as well become a single persons blog. So numbers for active threads with posts on it for today from all forums. Deacon Sports- 29, OGB- 59

Thinking there are reasons for that. In the offseason that place died. Plus this is new and people are trying it out.

A more appropriate measue would be in July after this place has settled.

Thinking there are reasons for that. In the offseason that place died. Plus this is new and people are trying it out.

A more appropriate measue would be in July after this place has settled.

Thats probably true, and despite being banned and posting over here I still check out threads over there based on habit. I do hate change but as others have said maybe this will help keep people that unproductively clash with each other from ruining the boards for the rest of everyone.

I'm just trying to figure out how dv7 and his herd will give me -50 for even bringin this up

This is a JOKE

The online Wake community precedes Rancho De Nada by several years, that was certainly not the beginning.

I think an alternative has been long due and to be honest, I considered running an alternate board when DS was created because I disagreed with some fundamental principles, such as being "family friendly". However this wasn't so offensive for me to not be lazy. Even before Rancho de Nada had opened for business as a WFU message board, I was about 80% complete creating one, but stopped because at that point in time (1999ish, I think), I was only interested in seeing WFU have a forum for fans, which that accomplished.

So I'm happy to see these guys (mods here) do something, I tip my hat to them for not being as lazy as I was.

Also, Scout simply provides a terrible user experience. That's not the mods' fault, that's beyond their control. But I do believe that a company providing a substandard product does not deserve unconditional loyalty.

I've also been against the notion of a premium service; I think that divides a fanbase more than an alternate board. I'm certainly not buying the melodrama some are selling about "houses divided" and needing "peacemakers". It's called having options.

I'm just trying to figure out how dv7 and his herd will give me -50 for even bringin this up

This is a JOKE

I don't want to be a d-bag, but you realize the joke is your reaction to the neg rep, right?

I've been as guilty of this as anyone, but I'd like to see us post less and less about DS. We started because of mismanagement over there, true, but we've grown into something else entirely.

Concurrently, they continue to post about this board over there. Good. It's because we're #Winning, something that became abundantly clear when our URL became an asterisk over there. User traffic also shows this - even though Scout's system keeps users logged in much longer than ours. Our original vision of serving as an alternative board has morphed into becoming the board for the majority of Wake sports fans. We're adapting to such accordingly, and appreciate your suggestions, advice, and input as we undergo this transformation. Quick teaser - get hyped for football season, we got some awesome things planned.

I also don't think the tenor in discussion over here is a fluke, or due to it being the offseason. When people don't feel cornered or ostracized, they tend to be more reasonable in debate. The proverbial envelope doesn't exist here, so there's no reason to push it. That said, things will get heated come September. And that's cool. All part of the fan experience.

And RJ, like I told you with the rep thing, you want a third board? Go do it, man, I wish you well in that endeavor.

Last edited:
Thats probably true, and despite being banned and posting over here I still check out threads over there based on habit. I do hate change but as others have said maybe this will help keep people that unproductively clash with each other from ruining the boards for the rest of everyone.

Ther wuld be no need for that.

Starting a third board would give each a win. It would give each cover.

The reality is most of those who don't come to the third board would be from the old board. It would become about ego and elitism rather than win or lose.

I've been fighting the "free info" battle since the day they started it. It was archaic Day One.

This is a JOKE

I haven't negged repped you today or from anything you posted on this thread.

I've been as guilty of this as anyone, but I'd like to see us post less and less about DS. We started because of mismanagement over there, true, but we've grown into something else entirely.

Concurrently, they continue to post about this board over there. Good. It's because we're #Winning, something that became abundantly clear when our URL became an asterisk over there. User traffic also shows this - even though Scout's system keeps users logged in much longer than ours. Our original vision of serving as an alternative board has morphed into becoming the board for the majority of Wake sports fans. We're adapting to such accordingly, and appreciate your suggestions, advice, and input as we undergo this transformation. Quick teaser - get hyped for football season, we got some awesome things planned.

I also don't think the tenor in discussion over here is a fluke, or due to it being the offseason. When people don't feel cornered or ostracized, they tend to be more reasonable in debate. The proverbial envelope doesn't exist here, so there's no reason to push it.

And RJ, like I told you with the rep thing, you want a third board? Go do it, man, I wish you well in that endeavor.

See you are acting like they do. It's all or nothing.

You can rise above this.

What part of FUN dodn't yout get?

Hell I even compared you to Pele on this thread........

Ummm... I have nothing against anything you've posted in this thread. What are you on about?

Also...
Pele good.
Maradona better.
George Best.

Nevermind....

Basically you guys made a great first step. You can take it to an entirely higher level.

Think bigger.

My observations:

1. Since we hired [Redacted], the dominant topic on the other board is Bzzout vs. Bzzin. Ironically, that board seems to try to dampen the Bzzzout, but every thread ends up in Bzzzitterness. This board tolerates all viewpoints, but the out/in angle doesn't seem nearly as overwhelming. I'm probably fairly Bzzzin, but I still strongly prefer this board.

2. The other board's view of copyright law (and other legal restrictions on disseminating information) is so wrong it hurts.

3. The technology is so much better over here that I find it baffling that the other boards still even exist for so many schools.

4. Content on this board is now vastly superior content on the other free board, and I'm way too turned off by point 2 to find out how it compares to the premium board.

I don't follow everything closely enough to know the full story of how this board came into existence, but I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Ummm... I have nothing against anything you've posted in this thread. What are you on about?

Also...
Pele good.
Maradona better.
George Best.

Without Pele the others may or may not have existed, but they certainly would have far less visibility.

The Beatles were greater than Chuck Berry, but who knows if they would have existed without him.

Without Pele the others may or may not have existed, but they certainly would have far less visibility.

The Beatles were greater than Chuck Berry, but who knows if they would have existed without him.

Your attempts to divide the admins of this board from its mods is both transparent and pathetic. Get off it loony tune, and get on some meds

After the 3rd board is created, depending on the numbers of defections from boards 1 and 2, we may need a 4th spillover board for the purely neutral.

I see board 5 combining those two, with boards 6 and 7 adding the original straggling users from the DS and OGB.

Board 8 would be a temporary staging ground for what would finally combine all of our powers for the ultimate board....

BOARD 10

What happened to 9? Board 10 would be so awesome that we skip right over that shit.

Board 10. Let's do this. http://www.WakeBX.com IS AVAILABLE.

Back