• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

It's also insulting to suggest the guys who put this together simply abandon it and start over in the hopes of grabbing a few more posters who spend lots of time bashing them.

If it stays like this, everyone's going to end up here. It's just a better product.

:werd:

I don't really understand what RJ is trying to accomplish with the idea of "joining" the boards. This board was a reaction, in large part, to the actions of numerous mods on the scout board. Those mods are free and welcome (I guess) to join this community, but they don't deserve any responsibility here; They had their chance already. There is certainly room on the internet for both boards but no one here should feel responsible for the survival of the Scout board.

The purpose of this is reunite a small group. Wake fandom doesn't have the luxury of be splintered like many do.

TBR, I never said anything about bringing over the mods from the boarfd...people like Arlington or mebane as mods.

Most folks came to these boards because that's where the party's at. The others will too, eventually.

So you call a "truce", which I have honored, and then unprovoked several days later you make a post calling everybody over here whiny crybabies in a response to the fact that I have honored said truce.

If I see you full of crap talking about how uncivil this board is when you were the one who was the biggest instigator, then I am going to call you on it.

Once again, you've misrepresented what I said. I said positive things about the board in that post. It was wrong of the board mods here to hack my account, and an apology of sorts was given to me. It flat out pissed me off because I totally didn't expect for that to happen. A private message would have been the correct thing to do to get things on a better footing, but that wasn't offered until after my account was hacked.

I'm over it, and ready to enjoy posting about Deacon sports again. I was also assured it wouldn't happen again. To me that says that better days are ahead.

You are the whiny crybaby I was talking about, but I purposely didn't mention your name in trying to honor the truce. I actually didn't say "whiny crybaby," another of your misrepresentations. Just because I'm not ready to call for Bz's head doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite. It just means I'm not ready to call for his head. Any other coach who I thought should be canned had plenty of time and talent to see if they could get it done. Bz hasn't had either yet.

I'm asking again, pleae stop with your hounding and misrepresenting what I post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DCDeac
It's also insulting to suggest the guys who put this together simply abandon it and start over in the hopes of grabbing a few more posters who spend lots of time bashing them.

If it stays like this, everyone's going to end up here. It's just a better product.

Maybe I'd rather have BEST than better when best can be done.

They've done well. They can take it to another level.

I am done with it. If you want to be a Bzzz apologist and Grobe basher, then fine with me. But lashing out at others because they feel the same way about Bzzzz, who is completely unproven, as you feel about Grobe, who is the most successful football coach in WFU history, is pretty stupid.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

df2,
I don't know if hacked is the word I would use. They gave you an unflattering custom title. TheReff got the same thing on DeaconSports when he won the Worst Poster Tournament last year. If they went in and sent PMs from your account, or read your PMs, I'd call that hacking.

Semantics I know, but your description sounds overly dramatic to me.

Glad to have you over here. Like your golf and Greensboro knowledge, unless I am confusing you with someone else.

Most folks came to these boards because that's where the party's at. The others will too, eventually.

I agree with this. I have no intention of being considered a troll(not that I intended to be.) Just want a place to talk about Deacon Sports that has some action. I liked the old board a lot, but the lack of activity doesn't make it much fun to post on.

I'm ready to move on after a rough start so hope you guys will recognize that I'm not here to cause trouble, just to enjoy talking Deacon sports.

btw, freke, the corner closed on Tate St.

The Corner closed on Tate Street? Wow. I guess I might have mentioned to you that my Dad's business was on Tate Street, where the Tate St. Coffee Shop is now located.

Met my first wife there, and have nothing but good memories from being down there. Hope your cousin Donnie is doing well by the way. An old golf teammate of ours said he lived in Wilmington. Is that right?

BTW, I'd hate to see Grobe go. I would like to see him get things going again. '06 was great, but '01 and 02 were the most fun because our offense was so cool and looked so promising. Would like to see the element of surprise return to it.

Last edited:
df2,
I don't know if hacked is the word I would use. They gave you an unflattering custom title. TheReff got the same thing on DeaconSports when he won the Worst Poster Tournament last year. If they went in and sent PMs from your account, or read your PMs, I'd call that hacking.

Semantics I know, but your description sounds overly dramatic to me.

Glad to have you over here. Like your golf and Greensboro knowledge, unless I am confusing you with someone else.

No, it's me. I used the word "hacked" because that's the word that the mod used. It's all good. Time to move on and hope that the Athletic Dept. can get things turned around. 2010 - '11 was less fun than '88, or any other year I can remember.

The Corner closed on Tate Street? Wow. I guess I might have mentioned to you that my Dad's business was on Tate Street, where the Tate St. Coffee Shop is now located.

Met my first wife there, and have nothing but good memories from being down there. Hope your cousin Donnie is doing well by the way. An old golf teammate of ours said he lived in Wilmington. Is that right?

Yeah, Friar Cellars.

He lives down in New Bern. His parents moved down there too. He is on facebook.

The purpose of this is reunite a small group. Wake fandom doesn't have the luxury of be splintered like many do.

TBR, I never said anything about bringing over the mods from the boarfd...people like Arlington or mebane as mods.

This was in response to other posters talking about it.

To be quite frank, your posts often make my head hurt thus I frequently don't read them.

But, to go off this post, I don't really know what that would accomplish. Already there are buzzinners as moderators, and the holdouts just don't care.

He's a key member of the creation of this board. I repeatedly said they have won and done a good job.

I've said they could control everything.

You are simply looknig for a way to start something when there was no problem. Why do you feel the need to do this?

OK, I thought your "Is Vision the turf of this board?' thread was a douche move. You started a thread solely to call out a poster/mod.

If you had a problem with him, you should have addressed him in whatever thread he offended you. I failed to do the same with you here, so I apologize for not posting/cussing you on that thread, and instead cussing you here.

:thumbsup:

BTW, I'd hate to see Grobe go. I would like to see him get things going again. '06 was great, but '01 and 02 were the most fun because our offense was so cool and looked so promising. Would like to see the element of surprise return to it.

This is the kind of conversation people want to have about Wake Forest sports. It wasn't happening on the other board because many members were intent on dividing people into two piles, the good and the bad. If we can prevent that from happening here (for the most part it has yet to happen) then this board will continue to be a great success.

06-08 were the most fun for me. I am a proponent of the jwb philosophy.

I've said they could control everything.

But that doesn't seem to be their intent. Why you are trying to get it to be their intent I don't understand.

Well, besides your obvious hurt that you weren't given any power (being a mod) on this board and that you've gotten neg repped a lot for making douchey posts, like the ones you've inundated this thread with.

But that doesn't seem to be their intent. Why you are trying to get it to be their intent I don't understand.

Well, besides your obvious hurt that you weren't given any power (being a mod) on this board and that you've gotten neg repped a lot for making douchey posts, like the ones you've inundated this thread with.

My sole purpose is to try to bring back all the good posters to one place. That's the only reason.

As to neg rep, my position is pretty clear. I expect to be constantly -50.

Make rj a mod of the political forum.. it has his name already.

Back