• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

THE DEUCE

Reaction score
I have been a Deacon fan since I came out the womb and have a huge passion for the gold and black. This sports season has taken a toll on all of us and it has caused a "divide" in the fan base. I have always been on the fence with Buzz but love to hear both sides take on the future of our hoops program. I proudly post here and on DS but I never knew it was a must to choose a side.
Well, apparently to some, this board is a place for "brats, and pseudo fans." The ironic thing is, the only ones still crying over the new board, are DS posters. (not all) So when someone mentions this board on DS they get blasted and bullied to leave and etc.
I find myself on the OGB more, due to the fact I don't get to put up with the " I am the better fan and you are not" attitude.So in closing I would like to get your take on why you joined the OGB?

Haas?

Too much censorship and backdoor messaging on DS. I didn't like what I perceived to be an intolerance for 'real talk' by the sunshine brigade. I figured there was nothing to lose by checking out this board. As it stands, I haven't been to DS since this board was up. All my WFU message board wants/needs are addressed here.

The other board wasn't really annoying me. I just found the discussion over here to be better.

I was not bullied over there when I mentioned that I peruse both boards. I enjoy both boards now and if having two boards means less bitching and scratching then so be it!

I hated the whole secret premium information.
And I like to support initiative like dv7 took.

I maintain dual citizenship, but find myself over here more and more. I think the main reason is I'm still used to the format of the old board. As I get used to finding threads and honing in on what I want to read here, I'll probably spend more time here.

I have premium over there and am giving them about a month to see what it will look like before canceling, but I hardly ever look @ the quad or the free board over there.

Also, as dumb as it may sound, the community has moved over here. With a few notable exceptions the posters I regularly interacted with are over here. I think the DS site is still useful and has some good information, but as far as discussions with folks I feel like i "know," I'm finding that more over here.

Last edited:
I joined cause it was new and exciting and a better setting for Wake discussion in almost every way. Of course, I hadn't posted on DS for over 2 years, so my situation is a bit unique.

This place is pretty great. I don't really care about DS, having not spent time there in so long. I look forward to whenever people no longer care so much about the opposite board.

I was not bullied over there when I mentioned that I peruse both boards. I enjoy both boards now and if having two boards means less bitching and scratching then so be it!

I guess I can agree with this. Though I still think it's regrettable that the community has split.

Also agree that I'm spending more time here now because it's just a more active place.

ETA: Also, as I spend more time here, I'm growing accustomed to the "look" of the place and am gradually appreciating the finer features available on this site. Kudos to the founders/admins.

Last edited:
Haas?

Too much censorship and backdoor messaging on DS. I didn't like what I perceived to be an intolerance for 'real talk' by the sunshine brigade. I figured there was nothing to lose by checking out this board. As it stands, I haven't been to DS since this board was up. All my WFU message board wants/needs are addressed here.

Good post. The association of information with status was getting annoying. NCScout came back and immediately started just sending PMs to a few people.

It was time. There have been 15 years worth of internet-savvy Wake fans since the Rancho de Nada days. From what I've seen, most big time athletic programs have multiple active internet forums. It would be best if both forums thrive. One thing I don't like about some mods/posters here is the recruitment drive. On one hand, I don't want some of the most annoying posters over from there over here. In addition, I think it would be best for that board to be the unofficially official board of the athletic department and this board to be the free discussion board.

There was an incident on premium this week that exemplified my issues. A poster over there took issue with something I posted over here and brought it up over there and called me out for it. I pointed out that it was ridiculous to publicly call somebody out over there for a OGB post, especially since he could have just posted it over here or waited for me to clear my INBOX over there. As a result, several posters suggested I stop posting for 30 days (or indefinitely) because I was the problem with the boards.

Keep in mind that this incident was about something that I posted over here, not over there.

In addition, I pointed out that I was basically a lurker over there anyway. I had only posted on 8 of the 30 threads on the premium front page that ranged from April 2-12. The only threads I had posted in on the free boards front page were very old threads. So if there were still problems, they had nothing to do with me.

The worst part of that exchange is that not a single mod stepped up to say something about paying customers asking another paying customer to stop posting. The animosity over there is out of hand and the mods are just allowing it to happen.

because you can say bad words, duh.

Have you noticed that even though you can say bad words, most people aren't blatant about it?

That is a common misconception of the holdouts over on DS. There isn't an f-bomb in every post. Even in every 1/10 posts.

According to a search, the f-word has been posted 97 times in the last week. And I'm sure several of those were in quoted posts.

According to a search, the f-word has been posted 97 times in the last week. And I'm sure several of those were in quoted posts.

With roughly 10,000 posts in the last week...that's 1% of the posts.

For folks still posting in both places, it can be easy to carry stuff from one to the other. Not sure that should be altogether something taboo. But I can see the difficulty it might create.

Not sure if you're referring to my post, ConnorEl, but that situation was started by someone who does not post over here and his post specifically said that it was in reference to something posted over here.

dv7, nothing like a search to shut down an argument.

252 f-words over the last 2 weeks and 500+ over the last month.

So as many predicted, profanity is slowing down considerably.

Last edited:
Back