• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago

Angry Suburban Dad; Big Cock or Angry Suburban Dad; Boring Career...not really sure. Townie invented the term. Millennials use it on the olds.

minor point of clarification. dwarfs use it on micro-olds.

these Midwestern chicks want it real bad. They are very jolly fellas but most have winter insulation around here at least. PS it's cold as fuck why would anyone live here unless they near the art bean

Bachelor Party staying at E Illinoise St and N McClug Ct (approximate location). Doing a planned out brewery run one day. Looking more for restaurant and evening (non-brewery) bars recommendations.

Last edited:
Which breweries?

1. Haymarket
  2. Goose Island
  3. Piece
  4. Pipeworks
  5. Off Color
  6. Revolution
  7. Begyle
  8. Spiteful
  9. Half Acre
  10. Metropolitan
  11. DryHop
  12. Atlas

Also, the more correct (apparently) approximate location is E Illinoise St and N McClug Ct.

It's not on the north side like your other breweries, but the Lagunitas operation is probably the best tour in town, especially if you get on one of the tasting tours.

What kind of food/bars/cultural stuff is your crew into? What size? What time of year?

It's not on the north side like your other breweries, but the Lagunitas operation is probably the best tour in town, especially if you get on one of the tasting tours.

What kind of food/bars/cultural stuff is your crew into? What size? What time of year?

Thought about Lagunitas and figured since it was a satellite it would not be that great. There will be 14 of us, and it seems most are interested in low-brow (good but not fancy drinking and eating). We are arriving Thursday throughout the day.

Thought about Lagunitas and figured since it was a satellite it would not be that great. There will be 14 of us, and it seems most are interested in low-brow (good but not fancy drinking and eating). We are arriving Thursday throughout the day.

That's a big crew to move around; I'm having a hard time coming up with good tourist ideas for a group that size. Randolph and Fulton Streets in the West Loop have the best concentration of restaurants, but many won't be able to seat a group that size. Cemitas Puebla is good over there that is relatively inexpensive. Not a ton of my favorite stuff over near where you're staying. Green River is a new spot that's supposed to be awesome for cocktails. Underground Wonder Bar is a fun interactive late-night music spot, Blue Chicago is a cool blues spot not too far away.

That's a big crew to move around; I'm having a hard time coming up with good tourist ideas for a group that size. Randolph and Fulton Streets in the West Loop have the best concentration of restaurants, but many won't be able to seat a group that size. Cemitas Puebla is good over there that is relatively inexpensive. Not a ton of my favorite stuff over near where you're staying. Green River is a new spot that's supposed to be awesome for cocktails. Underground Wonder Bar is a fun interactive late-night music spot, Blue Chicago is a cool blues spot not too far away.

To be honest, I would prefer locals' spots. I can stomach touristy spots. Also, we are getting rail passes for the weekend.

Yeah, but it's kinda hard to recommend local spots from your location. Check out Logan Square, Ukrainian Village, and Bucktown neighborhoods (all along the Blue Line) for cool spots. The Red Line hoods are pretty douchey until you get real far north.

Back