• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago

Yeah, but it's kinda hard to recommend local spots from your location. Check out Logan Square, Ukrainian Village, and Bucktown neighborhoods (all along the Blue Line) for cool spots. The Red Line hoods are pretty douchey until you get real far north.

First half of the brewery route seems to run down the blue line. Any spot you recommend to grub for lunch around those blue line breweries?

That was my thinking. Going to do Lagunitas tasting tour and then head to Piece.

Lagunitas is in a dicey neighborhood but it is a really good time. Be sure to go early as I think they close around 9-10.

Oh and don't even think of straying from brewery, just get in and out.

If you're going to Piece you should eat there. Great pizza.

You think so? I think it's pretty underwhelming.

Irazu - Costa Rican food - would be my lunch recommendation around that way for a group that size.

You think so? I think it's pretty underwhelming.

Irazu - Costa Rican food - would be my lunch recommendation around that way for a group that size.

If they're already there, has more of a dudes visiting breweries feel -- I used to live in Bucktown and you can do a lot worse if you are not in the mood for Chicago style. Irazu is good, too. As is Las Palmas. Burger at Hot Chocolate. Big star for quick Mexican. Coast if you want to BYOB and like sushi. Miss those places.

To the extent it's helpful, my personal food map of Chicago - https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9200843,-87.8698116,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1szxnkQW4PlkfE.kNbY4LyplilA

Disclaimer is that it's based on my opinion, and I've never been accused of having a refined palette. Red to Green color map for bad to good respectively, with gold stars for favorites. White pins are places that have been recommended to me but I've never tried.

Bro, you gotta gold star Parachute!

I loved visiting lagunitas when I was in the area for the Wake/ND game. Food and beers were CHEAP

tumblr_my2c85a13h1rvn2ylo1_400.gif

headed there on Monday for 2 nights by myself, then wife and kid come on Wednesday for 3 nights. Staying at the Hard Rock. Any rec's for either solo or family stuff?

I did an architecture tour like 10 years ago but have no idea which one other than it left from Michigan Ave.

Is there any one that is better than another?

The Chicago Architecture Center (recently rebranded) has the best boat tour and tons of walking tours.

They just moved to a new location and have an impressive exhibit space now too.

The boat tour is the greatest thing ever. Some good Mies van der Rohe. Everyone I know who has gone on it has raved about it.

Back