• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago

not sure last time you went, but they expanded substantially about five years back and got serious about food

still good

You should ride that ferris wheel. Stay as close to Navy Pier as possible for extra ferris wheel rides. Also, do a Ferris Bueller's Day Off tour.

I just applied to a couple of jobs at UChicago. Can't wait to work on my base at the beach. Imma go on that boat tour every week! And take a sunset L ride in from Midway through town while listening to dank jams, another underrated thing to do.

Headed to Chicago this weekend with some friends. Any recommendations on what to do for 2 days in the city? Only plan is we are going to try to catch the Bears/49ers game. So any good spots to hit after the game or the night before would be great.

where are you staying and what types of things are you into?

Staying at the Westin in River North. Older (40s) bunch, so good bar/restaurants. Fun bar to watch some of the bulls game? Maybe do Lou Malnatis? Only a couple of days so dont have a ton of time to explore unfortunately.

Headed to Chicago this weekend with some friends. Any recommendations on what to do for 2 days in the city? Only plan is we are going to try to catch the Bears/49ers game. So any good spots to hit after the game or the night before would be great.

Went to Packers/Bears a couple of weekends ago and didn't want to tailgate, so we ended up at a bar called Cindy's, which is in the old Chicago Athletic Club. I've been there a few times but had not thought to go before a game. Kind of fancy, but some of the best views of the park and lake in the city and great cocktails and apps. And then we took a rickshaw to the stadium. For pre-game you would either need a reservation or to show up right at 10 am when it opens (that's what we did). Post-game you would want a reservation.

yeah, the Chicago Athletic Association bars are all pretty good and worth a visit

Soldier Field is on the lakefront and nothing in the immediate area for bars, etc. -- South Loop is the closest neighborhood and not a ton of great stuff, but Flo and Santos isn't bad for pre- or post-game pizza or pierogis

River North area isn't where I spend much time, but the Rick Bayless restaurants are very good -- West Loop is not too far away and has lots of great food -- Eater.com is a great resource to compare with your personal tastes

I'll try to think on other stuff

yeah, the Chicago Athletic Association bars are all pretty good and worth a visit

Soldier Field is on the lakefront and nothing in the immediate area for bars, etc. -- South Loop is the closest neighborhood and not a ton of great stuff, but Flo and Santos isn't bad for pre- or post-game pizza or pierogis

River North area isn't where I spend much time, but the Rick Bayless restaurants are very good -- West Loop is not too far away and has lots of great food -- Eater.com is a great resource to compare with your personal tastes

I'll try to think on other stuff

have you done the CBTC tailgate before?

I used to work in Chicago, in a department store.

I used to work in Chicago, I don’t work there anymore.

Lori Lightfoot seems like one of the few human beings on the planet who could make people miss Rahm Emanuel.

Back