• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Lasting Legacy of the Last Decade: A Shrinking Middle Class

The Ryan Plan will devastate the middle class and upward mobility. But the rich will get much richer very quickly.

I've read RJ's post, and i've got to tell you: the real winner is rich people. YACHT PARTY BABAY!!!

Republicans only believe in changing taxes in one direction. Whatever the problem is, the Republicans' solution is always lower taxes.

Johnson lowered taxes. When has the economy grown with tax increases? Only a pro-growth strategy is going to put people back to work and increase tax revenue. Kennedy knew it, Johnson knew it, Reagan knew it. When we get back up to 4-5% growth we can deal with the deficit. Deficit hawks are on the wrong track. You're going to have to wait to soak the rich. Well, maybe not if Obama wins but it isn't going to do much for the deficit and it isn't going to increase the size of the middle class. I'll tell you that for nothing.

Johnson lowered taxes. When has the economy grown with tax increases? Only a pro-growth strategy is going to put people back to work and increase tax revenue. Kennedy knew it, Johnson knew it, Reagan knew it. When we get back up to 4-5% growth we can deal with the deficit. Deficit hawks are on the wrong track. You're going to have to wait to soak the rich. Well, maybe not if Obama wins but it isn't going to do much for the deficit and it isn't going to increase the size of the middle class. I'll tell you that for nothing.

Taxes were raised in 1993.

And GDP immediately tanked.

Why do you lie?

fredgraph.png

Clinton benefited from Reagan. Those were good years. And Clinton lowered taxes by the way. I liked Clinton. I voted for him twice. He was smart enough not to fuck up a good thing.

Clinton benefited from Reagan. Those were good years. And Clinton lowered taxes by the way. I liked Clinton. I voted for him twice. He was smart enough not to fuck up a good thing.

Cltino benefited from Reagan in spite of the fact there was a recession and four years of different policies between the two?

Cltino benefited from Reagan in spite of the fact there was a recession and four years of different policies between the two?

Would you rather have the Bush Sr. "recession" or the Obama "not recession" of the last 4 years? That "recession" was over about as soon as it started -- after a decade of rocket-ship growth, a correction is perfectly normal, then it was back to strong growth. Believe we're still waiting for anything resembling strong growth years after the end of the "recession" that greeted Obama.

So either Clinton benefitted from a fundamentally strong economy, or Obama can't do whatever Clinton did to recover from the recession. Your choice.

I don't blame you for bailing. You are getting the shit kicked out of you on this thread.

At least he flamed out in epic proportions by throwing in the #1 all time Pub talking point.....Clinton succes was because of Reagan policies.

Back