• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best quote of Election 2012 so far

I'll be interested to see if Stewart/Colbert even bother with the facade that they are going after the DNC as hard as they went after the RNC this week. For two shows which have no standard or expectation of journalistic integrity they normally at least pretend to be non partisan.

My guess is they will drop the pretense during election season while also upping the number of candid moments (from Stewart especially) more closely resembling real journalism.

They are comedians...

"Born Rich" - Republican Party Platform

Wow you really didn't listen to any of the speakers tell their life stories. Plenty of people born in lower class who worked their way to a good income. so no, not "Born Rich". Besides the silver spoon is more in the Dems - Obama, Biden, John Kerry, Harry Reid, et al

Wow you really didn't listen to any of the speakers tell their life stories. Plenty of people born in lower class who worked their way to a good income. so no, not "Born Rich". Besides the silver spoon is more in the Dems - Obama, Biden, John Kerry, Harry Reid, et al

I agree that plenty of Pubs worked hard to get rich. But as usual, you then go too far with your last sentence. Silver spoonism is not confined to one party, that's a ridiculous statement, you are just throwing out some names with no research to back it up.

I agree that plenty of Pubs worked hard to get rich. But as usual, you then go too far with your last sentence. Silver spoonism is not confined to one party, that's a ridiculous statement, you are just throwing out some names with no research to back it up.

I did not word that well at all, my bad. Didn't mean to say being rich was limited to Dems. Plenty of rich people in both party, and I'm guessing without researching that more than half of Congress are probably millionaires if they serve at least two or three terms up there.

I did not word that well at all, my bad. Didn't mean to say being rich was limited to Dems. Plenty of rich people in both party, and I'm guessing without researching that more than half of Congress are probably millionaires if they serve at least two or three terms up there.

+1

Not following that one at all PH. Kinda outta left field.

How do you figure, nut? Seems Obama is to blame for everything nowadays. What happened to being responsible for yourself?

Or white, or male. It can be one or any combination of the three.

They are working hard, but government keeps them from excelling.

But that's contrary to Republican core beliefs.

Mitt Romney.

They are comedians...

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Since they are comedians they don't have journalistic standards and people don't expect them to.

However, they are both very clever with how they use their shows. On rare occasions they drop the act and take a more serious stance or ask serious questions in interviews, not to get laughs, but to drive home a point they feel passionate about. I anticipate that those moments will become slightly less rare as the election approaches.

For someone who asked earlier I probably watch the shows three nights a week

Stewart is secretly praying Romney wins. How could he not?

How do you figure, nut? Seems Obama is to blame for everything nowadays. What happened to being responsible for yourself?

People are responsible for their personal lives. Obama is responsible for the federal government. Most people can differentiate between their personal lives and the federal government. Apparently some Democrats can't, and that's a problem.

So people are responsible for creating jobs.

In general yes, I think that would be fair to say. People are responsible for most things in many areas of life, be it economics, politics, culture, finance, sports, what have you.

Because Republicans scoffed at the idea that the President could be blamed for everything.

Sorry bob, greed appears to be a basic human characteristic that is very difficult to control. And there's an awful lot of money out there. Bad combination.

I thought the Daily Show bit last week by Samantha Bee revealing the hypocrisy surrounding Romney's abortion stance was amazing. Reminded me of the Man Show End Women's Suffrage bit.

If you are talkin about the one where she went around and interviewed RNC delegates about freedom of choice and then asked them about abortion ending with offering part of her uterus to a guy because he "owned" it, then it was hilarious yes but did not show any hypocrisy.

The platform of the convention clearly revolved around individualism, and personal responsibility and freedom from government intervention. That doesn't apply to abortion because in the eyes of republicans abortion is murder.

This is the distinction.

Back