• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney's energy claim

You earn every one of them.

I copy and paste the relevant information, you still can't get the shit right. Could hardly make it easier for you.

Let me spoon feed you.

The five-mile long Bakken Marketlink pipeline would meet with the Keystone XL pipeline in Baker, Mont.

That is to say, the Keystone XL pipeline would go through Baker, and the Bakken spur, as it is often referred, would meet with the Keystone XL. In other words, the Keystone XL wouldn't just carry oil sands product. The pipeline doesn't know the difference.

So, review. The pipeline Obama is holding up would, thanks to political pressure exerted by both Democrats and Republicans, include access at Baker. Once the spur is completed, Bakken oil will go through it to Baker. If the XL pipeline is built, then it can go from Baker to Cushing via that pipeline.

That's really a pretty solid article on the whole thing. You should read all of it, and then in your case read it about seven more times. Maybe by then you'll at least remember something in it.

too weak to discuss things....so you attack...yep it's not you acting boorishly.

You earn every one of them.

I copy and paste the relevant information, you still can't get the shit right. Could hardly make it easier for you.

Let me spoon feed you.

The five-mile long Bakken Marketlink pipeline would meet with the Keystone XL pipeline in Baker, Mont.

That is to say, the Keystone XL pipeline would go through Baker, and the Bakken spur, as it is often referred, would meet with the Keystone XL. In other words, the Keystone XL wouldn't just carry oil sands product. The pipeline doesn't know the difference.

So, review. The pipeline Obama is holding up would, thanks to political pressure exerted by both Democrats and Republicans, include access at Baker. Once the spur is completed, Bakken oil will go through it to Baker. If the XL pipeline is built, then it can go from Baker to Cushing via that pipeline.

That's really a pretty solid article on the whole thing. You should read all of it, and then in your case read it about seven more times. Maybe by then you'll at least remember something in it.

Why would you want to mix the two types of oil?

too weak to discuss things....so you attack...yep it's not you acting boorishly.

Too weak to admit you were wrong, so you feebly deflect.

I was never at any point talking about the oil sands, and out of ignorance you thought I was because I'm guessing you've never heard of Baker, Mont. Hell, I'm wondering if you've ever heard of the Bakken.

I'm still not sure you understand any of this, but I'm moving on because I've done what I can do here. You are beyond help if you don't have it by now.

Opening the pipeline means allowing the dirty oil to flow as well. Bakken has to figure something out. They have enough oil to build their own pipeline.

How does that work since it is, as I understand it, a single pipe?

In all honesty, I know the difference between fungible and segregated products and that there are many different products shipped through the same pipeline, but I didn't really know how they did it. I found this on the interwebs though. It seemed pretty useful for me. I was surprised they don't use mechanical separators.

http://www.colpipe.com/ab_faq.asp

I also found this on an Alberta to Montana pipeline that references segregated crude. Segregated means what you put in it is what comes out the other side. Fungible means the product meets certain standards, but may not be exactly what you put in.

http://pipelineandgasjournal.com/bow-river-pipeline-expansion

Opening the pipeline means allowing the dirty oil to flow as well. Bakken has to figure something out. They have enough oil to build their own pipeline.

So since they can't get approval for one pipeline, your solution is to try to build two? Makes sense.

And no, it doesn't mean what you think it does, as I just posted.

In all honesty, I know the difference between fungible and segregated products and that there are many different products shipped through the same pipeline, but I didn't really know how they did it. I found this on the interwebs though. It seemed pretty useful for me. I was surprised they don't use mechanical separators.

http://www.colpipe.com/ab_faq.asp

I also found this on an Alberta to Montana pipeline that references segregated crude. Segregated means what you put in it is what comes out the other side. Fungible means the product meets certain standards, but may not be exactly what you put in.

http://pipelineandgasjournal.com/bow-river-pipeline-expansion

Very interesting. Thanks

They are still trying to clean up an oil sands spill that happened about two years ago.

http://oilprice.com/The-Environment...-of-a-Canadian-Crude-Oil-Tar-Sands-Spill.html

Any pipeline taking this crap is a danger. They don't even know how to clean it up.

So yes, it's a good idea not to use the same pipeline even if it can be segregated. Or buy Keystone for Bakken oil.

My only reply is that you've made it clear you don't know what you're talking about on this subject at all. Not even close.

My only reply is that you've made it clear you don't know what you're talking about on this subject at all. Not even close.

It's very simple I oppose any pipeline that transports oil sands at least until a proven way to clean up spills has been demonstrated.

Bakken has huge reserves. Buy Keystone or build your own.

I'm guessing you need lithium to get through the day.

Back