Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Tell me about Portland, OR

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PM leebs. She hooked me up with great info.

Plenty of info on the internet could be outdated due to COVID closings.

Stay in East portland

Banhammer'd
    W. Kamau Bell did a fun and insightful show about Portland on CNN.

Veritable Quandary closed, yes; there's a new restaurant called "the Q" that is same owners/lots of the same menu items, and it's good, but it's definitely lacking the ambiance and view of the original. The food is definitely good, but there are other options at this point.

By the time July rolls around I hope COVID restrictions are a thing of the past... that said, I'll PM you my list of info and leave it to you to do your own research from there.
    I know how to spell definitely.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by lbE08 View Post
    Veritable Quandary closed, yes; there's a new restaurant called "the Q" that is same owners/lots of the same menu items, and it's good, but it's definitely lacking the ambiance and view of the original. The food is definitely good, but there are other options at this point.

By the time July rolls around I hope COVID restrictions are a thing of the past... that said, I'll PM you my list of info and leave it to you to do your own research from there.
    That would be great. I have noticed that Oregon is lagging the rest of the country in vaccinations currently, but that hopefully won't be an issue by July. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    That would be great. I have noticed that Oregon is lagging the rest of the country in vaccinations currently, but that hopefully won't be an issue by July. Thanks !
    Sent!
    I don't have anything really to recommend around Dundee; that's usually a day trip for me so I'm either snacking at a winery or just traveling. No doubt there are good places down there, though, as the hospitality industry caters to the tourists.

eta: and yes, we're lagging on vaccines. I can't even call a place to get on a wait list for 'extras' at the end of the day because hardly any pharmacies have them yet. Hopefully the Biden push and the J&J one-shot vaccine help spur things on.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Thanks for the PM.

Also, I heard that Antifa is really big out there. Is it safe ? Should I be concerned ? Will they target me ?

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Thanks for the PM.

Also, I heard that Antifa is really big out there. Is it safe ? Should I be concerned ? Will they target me ?
    ...can't tell if you're serious, but
    a) Yes, there's a more active group that aligns with antifa as compared to other cities.
    b) Yes, it's safe. Caveat: like in any urban area, don't be a bonehead. Certainly some areas of town are safer than others, but that's not because of antifa.
    c) I wouldn't be concerned, no.
    d) Don't know why they would, unless you stroll through Portland decked out in the confederate flag. Which, frankly, if you'd ever consider doing that just don't come. Actually, just don't leave your house. Ever.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    I wasn't serious.

Ok. You'd be surprised (maybe not) at how many folks ask that seriously.

isn't leebs not antifa but fa (or antiantifa) on account of her working for the po-lice?

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    isn't leebs not antifa but fa (or antiantifa) on account of her working for the po-lice?
    I am absolutely not fascist and I really don't appreciate the insinuation that my place of work would suggest it.