• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about Portland, OR

PM leebs. She hooked me up with great info.

Plenty of info on the internet could be outdated due to COVID closings.

W. Kamau Bell did a fun and insightful show about Portland on CNN.

Veritable Quandary closed, yes; there's a new restaurant called "the Q" that is same owners/lots of the same menu items, and it's good, but it's definitely lacking the ambiance and view of the original. The food is definitely good, but there are other options at this point.

By the time July rolls around I hope COVID restrictions are a thing of the past... that said, I'll PM you my list of info and leave it to you to do your own research from there.

Veritable Quandary closed, yes; there's a new restaurant called "the Q" that is same owners/lots of the same menu items, and it's good, but it's definitely lacking the ambiance and view of the original. The food is definitely good, but there are other options at this point.

By the time July rolls around I hope COVID restrictions are a thing of the past... that said, I'll PM you my list of info and leave it to you to do your own research from there.

That would be great. I have noticed that Oregon is lagging the rest of the country in vaccinations currently, but that hopefully won't be an issue by July. Thanks !

That would be great. I have noticed that Oregon is lagging the rest of the country in vaccinations currently, but that hopefully won't be an issue by July. Thanks !

Sent!
I don't have anything really to recommend around Dundee; that's usually a day trip for me so I'm either snacking at a winery or just traveling. No doubt there are good places down there, though, as the hospitality industry caters to the tourists.

eta: and yes, we're lagging on vaccines. I can't even call a place to get on a wait list for 'extras' at the end of the day because hardly any pharmacies have them yet. Hopefully the Biden push and the J&J one-shot vaccine help spur things on.

Thanks for the PM.

Also, I heard that Antifa is really big out there. Is it safe ? Should I be concerned ? Will they target me ?

Thanks for the PM.

Also, I heard that Antifa is really big out there. Is it safe ? Should I be concerned ? Will they target me ?

...can't tell if you're serious, but
a) Yes, there's a more active group that aligns with antifa as compared to other cities.
b) Yes, it's safe. Caveat: like in any urban area, don't be a bonehead. Certainly some areas of town are safer than others, but that's not because of antifa.
c) I wouldn't be concerned, no.
d) Don't know why they would, unless you stroll through Portland decked out in the confederate flag. Which, frankly, if you'd ever consider doing that just don't come. Actually, just don't leave your house. Ever.

Ok. You'd be surprised (maybe not) at how many folks ask that seriously.

isn't leebs not antifa but fa (or antiantifa) on account of her working for the po-lice?

isn't leebs not antifa but fa (or antiantifa) on account of her working for the po-lice?

I am absolutely not fascist and I really don't appreciate the insinuation that my place of work would suggest it.

Back