• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ann Romney -time for a "grown-up"

Michelle knocked it out of the park. Ann looks petty by comparison.

Michelle knocked it out of the park. Ann looks petty by comparison.

How does Ann Romney look petty? She raises five boys, survives breast cancer and is dealing with MS and she loves her husband and she is petty? Good grief.

How does Ann Romney look petty? She raises five boys, survives breast cancer and is dealing with MS and she loves her husband and she is petty? Good grief.

Because while Michelle didn't even mention Romney, Ann suggests that Obama is less than a grown-up. Keep up with the thread topic.

Why can't we just say that they're both exceptional women in their own way? Hell, I'd feel more comfortable with Michelle taking over the presidency than Biden. But Ann Romney's cut from a different clothe and certainly has had to overcome her fair share.

They are. No doubt. But the wife of a candidate taking pot shots at the President is petty.

They are. No doubt. But the wife of a candidate taking pot shots at the President is petty.

I did not watch Ann Romney's speech...what did she say about President Obama?

Okay. She's petty. She should have said Obama is a grown up but why doesn't he cough up a little money for his brother in the hut in Kenya while Mitt is tithing millions to people he doesn't personally know. Petty?

If that is what you mean by pot shots I would suggest your threshold for "pot shots" is extremely low. Especially in the realm of politics.

BTW...I did watch Michelle Obama's speech. It was very well done. She seems very natural at a podium in front of thousands of people. Not an easy thing to do.

"Pot shot" implies a low threshold.

Should I have said "cheap shot" instead?

Okay. She's petty. She should have said Obama is a grown up but why doesn't he cough up a little money for his brother in the hut in Kenya while Mitt is tithing millions to people he doesn't personally know. Petty?

bootstraps

Should I have said "cheap shot" instead?

I still think in order to have a cheap shot you have to have a threshold that reaches "cheap" and "shot". I am not sure the link (even without context) reaches either.

If that is what you mean by pot shots I would suggest your threshold for "pot shots" is extremely low. Especially in the realm of politics.

BTW...I did watch Michelle Obama's speech. It was very well done. She seems very natural at a podium in front of thousands of people. Not an easy thing to do.

It's sad that the level of discourse in this country has sunk so low that the wife of a presidential candidate calling the President childish is dismissed as being tame.

First of all...this is nothing new. I seem to remember Teresa Heinz saying much worse about W and Cindy McCain taking worse shots at Obama four years ago. 2nd, what Ann Romney said was EXTREMELY mild in the political arena.

Romney just got some kind of credit for tithing to the Mormon church? good grief

Back