• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ann Romney -time for a "grown-up"

jhmd, my man, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth here buddy. You decry the presidents unemployment numbers, yet you support candidates who's plan is to slash gov spending and revenue - and then hope for the best. seriously, that's the plan - hope for sunshine, based on an economic theory that is dubious at best. Ronald Reagan did not slash gov spending and taxes at the same time, he increased spending - deficit spending. So you are posting here that Romney's ideas are more "sophisticated" but when you actually look at them, they are not sophisticated at all. They're sophomoric. They're based on an assumption that American businesses are strapped for cash and cannot expand until they are given tax relief, which simply is not true. They are based on an assumption that American investors are strapped for cash and cannot invest until they get some relief, which is not true. They lack demand for goods and services.

The debt would have blown up the way it did no matter what - that is what happens in massive economic contractions. No one in their right mind would have just let the economy slip into full-blown depression. No one, including Ronald Reagan. It sucks, indeed, but it's the fact jack. 50 years of consumer debt, which led to wonderful growth and expansion of the economy, is over. Time for households to pay it down - which stifles demand, which stifles growth, which stifles employment. The government has the power to stave off depression with spending, and it is in all of our best interests for them to do so.

Clearly you missed Chris's memo that private sector unemployment recovery is on track. Obviously, we need only borrow more money and expand public sector employment. It will all be fine, as long as no one asks any questions.

Clearly you missed Chris's memo that private sector unemployment recovery is on track. Obviously, we need only borrow more money and expand public sector employment. It will all be fine, as long as no one asks any questions.

So let me get this straight:

You are a small government guy, right? And government payrolls are smaller now. Yet you consider this president a failure.

Private sector employment has risen on pace with previous recoveries, yet since it hasn't been faster than previous recoveries, you consider this president a failure.

Despite the private sector being awash in cash, and households in the top income brackets being awash with cash - you consider this president a failure because demand is low because the highly-leveraged class (who makes up the largest % of consumers in America) is digging out of debt.

I've dated women like you - you give them everything they want and they still aren't happy.

So let me get this straight:

You are a small government guy, right? And government payrolls are smaller now. Yet you consider this president a failure.

Private sector employment has risen on pace with previous recoveries, yet since it hasn't been faster than previous recoveries, you consider this president a failure.

Despite the private sector being awash in cash, and households in the top income brackets being awash with cash - you consider this president a failure because demand is low because the highly-leveraged class (who makes up the largest % of consumers in America) is digging out of debt.

I've dated women like you - you give them everything they want and they still aren't happy.

[removes tongue from cheek]

Most grownups I know dont wear magic underwear and don't believe that there's a lost book of the bible hiding in the woods in upstate New York.

Last edited:
Most grownups I know dont wear magic underwear and don't believe that there are lost book of the bible hiding in the woods in upstate New York.

You fail to appreciate the executive experience to run a household with multiple wives. Do that and still make money? Yeah, you can balance the federal budget.

So, is unbridled misogyny a pre-requisite for voting red these days?

Back