• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Agree completely. Romney and the GOP diehards are basically rooting for a national disaster to take advantage of as a lifeline. It's their only path to victory. Except nothing but doom, gloom, and impending Armageddon from conservative from here until election night. They will not bother running on a detailed platform of ideas and initiatives. Creating fear is pretty much their only bullet at this point.

Shows how murky things are. They're not good enough that Obama can run on the economy and Romney has to claim things are worse, but not bad enough that Obama has to run from the economy and Romney can run on "hope and change" or "morning in America".

It truly is halftime in America.

Agree completely. Romney and the GOP diehards are basically rooting for a national disaster to take advantage of as a lifeline. It's their only path to victory. Expect nothing but doom, gloom, and impending Armageddon from conservative from here until election night. They will not bother running on a detailed platform of ideas and initiatives. Creating fear is pretty much their only bullet at this point.

Well they had better hope for a national disaster and not an international one as Obama foreign policy credentials are way stouter than Romneys.

As some of you know, I run my own business with a business partner. Yesterday I was out on the loading docks talking with a truck driver from one of the local carriers and asked him how their business was. He said steady but going up very slightly for the last 6 months. He said no boom is expected anytime soon just slow and steady growth. That describes our business as well and I have no problems with it being that way for another 4 years.

Who's the stupid fucker who thought it would be a good idea to schedule an outdoor speech in early September in the Carolinas? Christ, even if it doesn't rain like it does every other fucking day, it's bound to be 85+ degrees with a heat index in the mid 90's.

Who's the stupid fucker who thought it would be a good idea to schedule an outdoor speech in early September in the Carolinas? Christ, even if it doesn't rain like it does every other fucking day, it's bound to be 85+ degrees with a heat index in the mid 90's.

Well I suppose he figured after four years that he would have pushed back the seas and stopped global warming. Sunny and 72 degrees year around!

A couple of points.

1 - On the stadium. I'm merely citing an AP story that speaks to Obama trying to pull together enough butts to fill the stadium. If you want to insert the D talking point hook in your mouths and pull really hard, have at it. The guy obviously would have pulled a big crowd. Far larger than Romney. But this isn't 2008 - and that's the comparison that bothers his campaign.

2 - On the election. Reading some of the commentary here you'd think this was already over. The latest RCP poll of polls averages says Ohio, Virginia, Iowa and Florida all poll within 1%. North Carolina, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado all poll within 4%. And there are other states that are still considered a lean one way or the other such as Missouri. The campaign for most people is really just starting.

I know people with nosebleeds who are pretty bummed. If it wasn't full, it would have been pretty close.

A couple of points.

1 - On the stadium. I'm merely citing an AP story that speaks to Obama trying to pull together enough butts to fill the stadium. If you want to insert the D talking point hook in your mouths and pull really hard, have at it. The guy obviously would have pulled a big crowd. Far larger than Romney. But this isn't 2008 - and that's the comparison that bothers his campaign.

2 - On the election. Reading some of the commentary here you'd think this was already over. The latest RCP poll of polls averages says Ohio, Virginia, Iowa and Florida all poll within 1%. North Carolina, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado all poll within 4%. And there are other states that are still considered a lean one way or the other such as Missouri. The campaign for most people is really just starting.

Exactly. Which is why polls are still very unreliable.

I know people with nosebleeds who are pretty bummed. If it wasn't full, it would have been pretty close.

It would have paled in comparison to what Cam will do anyway.

I had nosebleeds and I'm pretty bummed. My dad and waited in a long line to get tickets. They had a long waiting list as well. We tried to get a couple more tickets without success. I really think there would have been a large crowd there tomorrow.

This so called waiting list sound a lot like the Washington Redskins waiting list.

David Shusters says that Obama's internal polls give him a 9point lead in 0hio. That is post republican convention.

Nate Silver has hit the last two presidential elections. His numbers aren't just about polls.

RCP doesn't conduct the polls. They report the polls and average them. Some of the polls tend to be left leaning (PPP) and others right leaning (Rasmussen). The polls are what they are.

Actually, that's what 538 does, and Silver's had a pretty spot-on formula for the last three elections. He called Obama's numbers correctly in 2008, the Tea Party's correctly in 2010, and I have no trouble thinking he's correct on the current state of affairs.

Charlotte in September is usually fantastic weather. Especially at night, temp-wise.

A couple of points.

1. I know firsthand that the waiting list for tickets was in the thousands, and that no seats were available. In this case, you don't have the facts correct, regardless of where you read them. That's not a talking point (well, it's been built up as a Pub one, now).

2. Obama has a massive electoral edge, currently, based on state by state projections. He's losing too many of the states he needs to be winning. Romney would have to make up ground in half-a-dozen states that are currently leaning or more-than-leaning Obama, simultaneously, to have any shot. He has to get all of them. And candidate Romney does not seem like the type to get a sudden, massive swell of support, since he's been a pretty tepid candidate from the jump. There just don't seem to be enough states truly in play to give him much of chance, barring some outside intervening factor. He might keep the popular vote within 2-3 points, but he's getting pasted on the electoral map, and that's what decides who gets to be president.

2. Obama has a massive electoral edge, currently, based on state by state projections. He's losing too many of the states he needs to be winning. Romney would have to make up ground in half-a-dozen states that are currently leaning or more-than-leaning Obama, simultaneously, to have any shot. He has to get all of them. And candidate Romney does not seem like the type to get a sudden, massive swell of support, since he's been a pretty tepid candidate from the jump. There just don't seem to be enough states truly in play to give him much of chance, barring some outside intervening factor. He might keep the popular vote within 2-3 points, but he's getting pasted on the electoral map, and that's what decides who gets to be president.

That's disappointing. Any chance 'Pubs can flip the Senate? That'd be a nice consolation prize...

Back