• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

For those that didn't see the shitshow that was the effort to amend the platform to add back in the "God" and "Jerusalem" planks, here is the video:

I wish they would have left it out. The less religious pandering in politics, the better.

I wish they would have left it out. The less religious pandering in politics, the better.

This. At least our forefathers knew to keep the two issues completely separate. They wrote it in the Constitution afterall.

I agree that religious pandering is out of control. This move reeks of disingenuous pandering. The issue (if it really was an issue) likely would not have lingered before they did this.

Last edited:
I know many old school democrats and independents who were deeply disturbed at God getting booed today. Oh well, it is what it is.

Paul Begala called it "awkward," "embarrassing," and "stupid."

Because it is awkward, embarrassing and stupid. They hammered the Republican platform for all sorts of things. The Republicans just let it roll off their back. No changes. People point out a couple of things in their platform and rather than just say obviously we believe in God and support Israel they turn it into a total friggin' fiasco. Honestly, they've managed to now piss off both the Israeli's and the Palestinians. Nice work.

At least the Dems got God and Jerusalem back on the plank before primetime. Well done. I am so enjoying this convention. I'll enjoy the NFL even more in a few minutes.

Nice speech by Cecile Richards. Hit the idea that women are all one a little hard for my liking, but that was her job.

Not to interrupt the discussion of a random non-issue. Carry on.

I just love that the Democrat Party amended their platform in a very un-democratic way. :D

What is worse, booing God or booing Santa Claus? The thought occured because I'm watching the Gmen and Cowboys and I was thinking about the Eagles for some reason.

I'm also trying to understand what Bill is up to. If he is successful and Obama is re-elected and his policies kick in Hillary has no chance in four years. I'm thinking he beleives Obama is toast this go round and he wants to come away as the good party man and set things up for a Hillary/Romney matchup in 2016, so he can get back in the game. Bill is no fool and he is up to something.

What is worse, booing God or booing Santa Claus? The thought occured because I'm watching the Gmen and Cowboys and I was thinking about the Eagles for some reason.

I'm also trying to understand what Bill is up to. If he is successful and Obama is re-elected and his policies kick in Hillary has no chance in four years. I'm thinking he beleives Obama is toast this go round and he wants to come away as the good party man and set things up for a Hillary/Romney matchup in 2016, so he can get back in the game. Bill is no fool and he is up to something.

Yes, you do need to watch football and relieve your mind of useless conspiracy theories.

I just love that the Democrat Party amended their platform in a very un-democratic way. :D

You mean like how the REPUBLIC Party moved the nomination night to avoid allowing Ron Paul the slot to speak he earned?

Yes, you do need to watch football and relieve your mind of useless conspiracy theories.

When it comes to the Clintons it is not conspiracy theory. Bill doesn't take a dump without a plan. I think he is one of the more brilliant politicians in American history.

Even time the nun said Nuns on a Bus, I couldn't help myself form thinking about Eric Idle and Robbie Coltrane in Nuns on the Run.

Back