• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Read it a couple weeks ago, actually. Came away feeling worst about the ratings agencies. Anyways, if your point was about Fannie and Freddie (and shadow banks) and not the CRA, then I more or less agree.

Rating agencies are a fucking joke. The CRA increased subprime lending 10 fold within 3 years, the market reacted by securitizing mortgages and then tranche system dragged everything into the shitter. People bitch and moan about Iraq, Bush tax cuts but the CRA is what killed the economy. Never screw with housing in the US.

Read it a couple weeks ago, actually. Came away feeling worst about the ratings agencies. Anyways, if your point was about Fannie and Freddie (and shadow banks) and not the CRA, then I more or less agree.

You also need to read Too Big To Fail. That is an unreal read. The speed of action and decision that was being taken is flat out astounding.

I guess Edith Byrd will be regretting that MSNBC showed her waving her Medicare card and her social security number to the nation.

Even worse for her, so did Fox News.

And whoever had the idea of watching the Pubs on MSNBC and the Dems on Fox last week - brilliant.

My wife has never voted for a Republican in any election in her life. She is as South Side of Chicago as they come.

Never said she was a Pub. Just said you hear what you want to hear. Dems, Pubs, Indies.

A single dropped word only confuses people who are looking for an excuse to attack rather than trying to be reasonable.

Bill Clinton is speaking directly to you. You breathe the GOP hate.

I don't think you formed one proper sentence in the whole post I quoted. It wasn't one word, it was the whole fucking post. It was authentic frontier gibberish.

Have I once said anything about being a Republican? Or a Democratic?

Rating agencies are a fucking joke. The CRA increased subprime lending 10 fold within 3 years, the market reacted by securitizing mortgages and then tranche system dragged everything into the shitter. People bitch and moan about Iraq, Bush tax cuts but the CRA is what killed the economy. Never screw with housing in the US.

CRA-regulated institutions made 25% of subprime loans. There is nothing in the CRA mandating bad loans. There is nothing mandating liar loans. You are absurd. The Act was around for 20+ years before the bubble heated up.

Fuck....anyone else see the shaking in Bill's hands??? Hopefully not early onset....

I will fully admit I have been watching the football game while flipping over to Clinton during timeouts but my god this speech seems to be going on forever. This is like his keynote 4 years before he ran....and in closing (crowd goes crazy).

I will fully admit I have been watching the football game while flipping over to Clinton during timeouts but my god this speech seems to be going on forever. This is like his keynote 4 years before he ran....and in closing (crowd goes crazy).

Thanks for weighing in with your silly comment.

It's going long, but it has been very good.

Back