• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Mayor Castro has a nice story but he reminds me of the bad guy from the Disney version of The Wind and the Willows.

Which is exactly what the Dems need on the platform. Fewer limousine liberals and more working class Americans.

Not that Alabamish though.....almost needed a translator.

Matthews just hot-mic'd a gripe at Maddow. Ooops. It's okay, no one will hear it. It was on MSNBC.

Can't bear to watch. I don't want to see either of them about to orgasm.

Chris Christie is already there.

This is a weight joke, right?

Patrick vs. Christie would be interesting, though.

I'd prefer to have a race that wasn't NE vs. NE. That's why I want to see a deeper Dem bench than Hillary, Cuomo, Patrick.

Not sure if they showed it on the 24 hour networks, but Lilly Leadbetter did a great job.

She's going to be pissed when she finds out how much Bill Clinton's honoria was for this week's speech.

Julian Castro is so good that my conservative as fuck uncle voted for him. Proudly.

I've heard a USA! USA! chant, and now Bootstraps! The Dems are out-Americaning the Pubs

David Brooks is mystified that Dems are throwing out tofu burgers to the base on Day 1 of the convention. I wish they weren't, but I get it.

Tiger wait until Thursday. I still think the star of the next few days will be Brian Schweitzer. The city girl and the cowboy. Or the city girl and Castro.

Or will Castro be the next governor of Texas. It's a state that will turn purple by 2020.

I really think Patrick is on the Supreme Court next.

Don't think I've ever heard Martin O'Malley speak before. Is he always this much of a doofus?

Got to say I like the "Forward. Not back." paired with Romney's "taking America back". Not a big fan of Forward, but it works in this context.

Castro zinged Romney well on the "borrow from your parents" line.

Where does the call and response bit come from? Chanting =/= thinking. Chanting = hypnosis.

Even better was the HC jab about Romney's flip-flop. This Castro is pretty good too.

Back