• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

This is a hell of an interesting post. I bet most people would love to have that problem now.

People have learned and they're using their tax cuts (we still have them) to pay off debt. Unfortunately, those at the top aren't creating jobs with their tax cuts.

crystal ball?

She may mention it. Don't think she's there though.

krystal_ball.jpg

People have learned and they're using their tax cuts (we still have them) to pay off debt. Unfortunately, those at the top aren't creating jobs with their tax cuts.

Everyone got a tax cut, not just the top of the food chain. That includes you. And taxing the so called rich isn't going to pay for Obama's policies. You are going to get tagged too. Vote him back in and call me a liar in four years.

I hope you are right.

If your critique is "failure to grasp the long-term consequences from a series of short-term (non)fixes", wouldn't Ryan''s Plan beat "Hope/Change/Borrow" every time?

Ryan's plan is flawed in many other ways than just pushing the matter back a couple decades to deal with.

No no no. The bullshitters come out and ruin everything unless there's a crisis. Therefore, get things done at crisis times. If we can't get it right in a crisis, why would we get it right with less incentive?

I've never thought of myself as having Utopian points of view before right now. Hmmmmm... You make a good point.

But I still hate short term fixes just to appease morons that can't see long term benefits.

Everyone got a tax cut, not just the top of the food chain. That includes you. And taxing the so called rich isn't going to pay for Obama's policies. You are going to get tagged too. Vote him back in and call me a liar in four years.

Pretty sure I noted everyone got a tax cut. Remember that when Republicans complain that half of Americans don't pay taxes. Much of the reason is that Republicans dramatically cut taxes for everybody. But I can't create a job with my tax cut. Those at the top can. And they aren't.

And I want the Bush tax cuts to be repealed for everybody. This whole "only $250K and above" or "98%" BS is pandering. We can't afford those tax cuts.

It would be nice if we could learn to expect that of ourselves. It will make expecting it of our government easier. Godspeed.

I share the hope that the government will deleverage, but after levering up enough to get us out of this mass unemployment crisis.

Fine. I have no problem with paying taxes. I actually like things like roads, schools for our children, fire departments, the police, our military and healtcare provided to those that can't afford it on their own.

Then again, I'm only a prick to you guys, not people that truly struggle in life. I actually do all I can to help them out.

Total household debt de-leveraging is common in a poor economy like this one and has been steadily declining since the financial crisis. Even in a low interest rate climate, the demand for consumer credit has diminished. I don't think these trends are the result of debtors having learned their lesson, it's more like a demonstration of just how weak the job market is and how much uncertainty remains.

Back