• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facepalm Romney/Ryan Superpac ad

But you have a horrible candidate. He is wrong on every major issue for Hispanics. It's damn near certain Romney is the worst candidate for Hispanic issues either party has nominated for POTUS for at least the past thirty years.

I still cant believe that Obama forced me to have anal sex with a dude. Why did he make me do that?

But you have a horrible candidate. He is wrong on every major issue for Hispanics. It's damn near certain Romney is the worst candidate for Hispanic issues either party has nominated for POTUS for at least the past thirty years.

It's a PAC.. maybe they're setting the table for '16 Rubio/Christie. I don't know. I'm speculating that no decided will be swayed by the issue, so it wasn't for us. What group cares? Hispanics come to mind. As do blacks. One of those will vote for Obama (as a bloc) regardless. The other might have some pick-off opportunities, particularly when you consider the fact the 'Pub platform aligns more closely with Hispanic values than the Dem platform. So just speculation at best. That and $20 will buy you a bottle of Jack.

Edit to fix undecided vs decided. Had my head up my ass.

Just because he was black, doesn't mean he's Obama.

It's a PAC.. maybe they're setting the table for '16 Rubio/Christie. I don't know. I'm speculating that no undecided will be swayed by the issue, so it wasn't for us. What group cares? Hispanics come to mind. As do blacks. One of those will vote for Obama (as a bloc) regardless. The other might have some pick-off opportunities, particularly when you consider the fact the 'Pub platform aligns more closely with Hispanic values than the Dem platform. So just speculation at best. That and $20 will buy you a bottle of Jack.

You really can't be serious. The GOP platform and the GOP candidate are the most extreme sets of anti-immigrant statements either party has had in my lifetime.

Romney's plan to cut taxes for the rich is paid for by eviscerating education funding and all but eliminating Pell grants.

Those two issues alone guarantee Obama 35-50% spread with Hispanics.

You need to put the bong down.

You really can't be serious. The GOP platform and the GOP candidate are the most extreme sets of anti-immigrant statements either party has had in my lifetime.

Romney's plan to cut taxes for the rich is paid for by eviscerating education funding and all but eliminating Pell grants.

Those two issues alone guarantee Obama 35-50% spread with Hispanics.

You need to put the bong down.

Take it up with the LA Times -

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-latino-vote-romney-obama-20120904,0,7994357.story

There's NOTHING in that article saying Romney is a good candidate for Hispanics.

In fact this disputes your positions:

“The Latinos have never been predisposed to be Democrat,” Monterroso said. But, he added, “people feel like one party is attacking us; the other may be ignoring us, but at least we’re not being harmed.”

They aren't going to vote for a candidate who is seen to be attacking them. One candidate will sign the Dream Act. One has promised to veto it.

Which side do you think Hispanics are on?

"NALEO projects that more than 12.2 million Latinos will cast ballots, an increase of 26% from 2008. But that’s still barely half the number of eligible Latino voters."

If they are up 26% and still have a 35% spread, Romney will lose ground form what McCain did.

Last edited:
There's NOTHING in that article saying Romney is a good candidate for Hispanics.

"NALEO projects that more than 12.2 million Latinos will cast ballots, an increase of 26% from 2008. But that’s still barely half the number of eligible Latino voters."

If they are up 26% and still have a 35% spread, Romney will lose ground form what McCain did.

The title asserts 'Latino vote not set in stone for Obama'. Emphasis mine. Granted, some of Obama's constituents might need it spelled out that Romney would be the primary (though not necessarily the only) beneficiary of a Hispanic vote not cast for Obama, but you're not one of them.

You can't be serious. I'll give you Romney +25% in the Hispanic vote. If you believe what you are posting, that should be an easy for you to make.

READ the rest of the article:

“The Latinos have never been predisposed to be Democrat,” Monterroso said. But, he added, “people feel like one party is attacking us; the other may be ignoring us, but at least we’re not being harmed.”

Romney's positions dramatically attack millions of Hispanics.

To be fair they are telling them who they cannot marry, not who they can love. I mention this only because the whole "you should be able to marry whoever you love" argument doesnt actually align with most peoples views and doesn't really add anything to the legal aspect of the conversation. It makes a nice bumper sticker but doesn't really add anything to the cause.

Actually that doesn't hold water any longer (May of this year):

"The answer, polls suggests, depends a great deal on where in the country you’re asking that question.

Nationally, roughly half of all Americans say they support allowing same-sex couples to marry. A newly released Gallup poll puts the split at 50% in favor, 48% opposed. A Pew Research Center poll released two weeks ago had a similar 47%-43% division."

You can't be serious. I'll give you Romney +25% in the Hispanic vote. If you believe what you are posting, that should be an easy for you to make.

READ the rest of the article:

Romney's positions dramatically attack millions of Hispanics.

What I posted was pure speculation that the ad (you remember.. the original topic) might have been a line tossed out there to fish for any undecided Hispanic voters for which same sex unions might cause considerable gas. I don't 'believe' or 'disbelieve' it, it's only speculation. You know, trying to get my head around why someone would waste firepower on an issue that won't swing any decideds.

You commented how unlikely that was (fair point) to which I responded that the LA Times didn't agree with you. Per their article, it's possible there are Hispanic votes yet to be had. It's also possible (back to my initial speculation) that the ad was fishing for some of those.

The LA Times did not take that position. In fact the article disputed the headline.

I like how the ad makes it seem like it's impossible for gays to have values. "Supporting homosexuality? GTFO! Vote for the ticket that supports actual values, and not that other shit that'll send you to hell."

Ugh. Blech. Gheeh.

Seriously? Force gay marriage on America?

I like how the ad makes it seem like it's impossible for gays to have values. "Supporting homosexuality? GTFO! Vote for the ticket that supports actual values, and not that other shit that'll send you to hell."

Don't you know that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles, do drugs, be domestically violent, harm themselves, be alcoholic, and not commit to monogamous relationships? Homosexuals clearly have no values.

*This is simply propaganda I've read. I do not believe any of this.*

If this ad is targeted at minority voters as suggested, lol at the GOP casting a couple of crackers telling those brown people what's what with family values.

If this ad is targeted at minority voters as suggested, lol at the GOP casting a couple of crackers telling those brown people what's what with family values.

I'm agree with you on that - I wondered if there were additional spots with non-caucasion-centric actors.

Back