• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Lewis on the new voting laws

I still think this is all smoke and mirrors on your part because if I'm not mistaken in every election I've watched the polls stay open until everyone who shows up after work gets to vote. You get in line and no matter how slow it goes you get your vote. What do they do where you live? What do they do in Ohio? Chain the door at 5? I doubt it. I doubt it very much.

Let me break it down...Republican Counties were allowed to open for more days and more hours until the federal court said no.

Also in 2004, people left minority polling places because the lines were too long.

What am I doing? This is totally useless. You have become so set in your mistaken ideas that I nothing I say will have any impact.

Even when shown the FL GOP Chair ADMITTING UNDER OATH the tactics' purpose was to keep blacks from voting. It's of no consequence.

When shown the Ohio election official who says he doesn't care if they make it more difficult to vote, it's of no consequence to you.

When shown 9.2% of Pennsylvanians don't have proper ID. It's of no consequence to you.

When the Majority Leader of the PA Legislature states the purpose of the law HE WROTE was to give PA to Romney, it's of no consequence to you.

When the Attorney General of PA SWEARS UNDER OATH he knew of ZERO cases of voter impersonation and he didn't think EVEN ONE would happen this year, it's of no consequence to you.

People left because the lines were too long? There's some commitment.

There were plenty of voting machines in the white neighborhoods.

There were plenty of voting machines in the white neighborhoods.

Can you add a little detail? What neighborhoods exactly? Do you have a voting machine per white and black voter statistic by any chance?

I'm done. You are out of control.

On other threads, I've linked each one of those contentions. I've shown the exact words from FL, OH, PA. You don't care.

Have a good night. I'm off this thread.

rj is giving up at 9:12 Pacific time? This is disappointing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the deal in Ohio that each county determines its voting hours? Seems like some people are trying to make it sound like it was a state-level determination that GOP counties would be open for longer hours.

Seems like the result is less early voting for everyone, including military personnel. IOW, the situation was better before the secretary of state made the hours uniform.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the deal in Ohio that each county determines its voting hours? Seems like some people are trying to make it sound like it was a state-level determination that GOP counties would be open for longer hours.

Seems like the result is less early voting for everyone, including military personnel. IOW, the situation was better before the secretary of state made the hours uniform.

You left out two major parts of the problem:

1. Each county has two Republicans and two Dems on the local committee. In EVERY county that is Dem, the Republicans voted against keeping the 2008 hours.

2. When there is a tie, the Secretary of State breaks the tie. In every 2-2 vote in Dem counties, Husted voted against keeping the polls open.

The system was 100% rigged against Dems. Never before had this happened.

There is definitive data that shows the fewer hours to vote the less minorities vote. This is GOP plan to try to steal the election.

Back