• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jobs Report - Lower than Expected Jobs Growth

A legend in his own mind......and still in his 20s, isn't he? A prodigy, to be sure.

I'm thinking that he once said that he was going to make a fortune trading financial derivatives and retire at 30.

Where did the war crimes avatar go?

Mitt is now hitting Obama on manufacturing jobs even though said jobs have increased for two straight years. The first time that has happened since the late 1990s.

Funny...all he is is an articulate LW mouthpiece for the administration...Carney without the questions.

True. And Obama lacks articulate mouthpieces.

So, if Obama is reelected as most of you wish and the economy is shit in five years is it still Bush's fault? QE3 may help the Dow but do you really think it is going to stimulate job growth? Throw your predictions out there. Same ol', same ol' as far as I'm concerned. Every time Bernanke prints money with Obama's blessing it feeds Wall Street, the root of all evil. Go figure. Sooner or later, I predict, the boomerang is coming back at us and this market is going to crash... then comes the inflation and still no jobs. Elect Obama again and in a few years call me a liar. You can archive this.

It's pretty naive for anybody to think the President is going to save the economy, particularly a free market economy.

The President and the Congress create the environment for capitalism to thrive. We are talking taxation, regulation, trade agreements, natural resource development. Don't hand me that. Five years ago liberals blamed Bush for gas prices and unemployment, and they may have had a point. Obama has only made it worse.

The economy will almost certainly be better 4 years from now than it is today, just like it is better now than 4 years ago when it was falling off a cliff.

The President and the Congress create the environment for capitalism to thrive. We are talking taxation, regulation, trade agreements, natural resource development. Don't hand me that. Five years ago liberals blamed Bush for gas prices and unemployment, and they may have had a point. Obama has only made it worse.

The problem is since the first dollar that Obama put into the economy in July of 2009 the economy is better. There has been consistent (but too small) growth in jobs and GDP.

You can say it's worse, but all the numbers show you to be wrong.

I've rarely met anyone who is as good at anything they do act the way Caturday does.

You realize that I've made about 25 predictions on these boards, I believe I was wrong once. If you believe in the random market hypothesis and each trade is more or less a coin flip then the odds that I'm just lucky are about a 7.7e24 to one. But keep hating. I live and breathe this shit, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
Back