• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

except there's sameness there

I would like to have tried one of the nice sushi places, but I've got some fantastic sushi not too far from me here and it isn't my wife's favorite. And we still have 3 other nights we'll need to eat, so I'm sure we'll mix it up.

ESS breakfast > anything else at ESS

ESS breakfast > anything else at ESS

Disagree. The duck breast I had last time I was there for dinner was fantastic. I didn't think breakfast was all that special. Pork belly at brunch was really damn good though.

ETA: Second rec for the In Jars app.

Had dim sum at Oriental Pearl for lunch today. It was really good, and easily the best I've had in a long long time.

Went to ESS tonight. In Jars was awesome, and the leftovers will be had for lunch tomorrow. Apps were great too (farm egg and grilled octopus). entrees were ok (trout and duck). Dessert was awesome. Flan (with poprocks) and I had an espresso w/ grappa which are two of my favorite things. all in all it was a lot of fun.

Had dinner at Eugene last night. I was really impressed. It was excellent.

Bistro Niko is extremely mediocre. And that's being kind.

ouch! Sorry, Niko is usually pretty awesome. After ESS and Eugene tho, I can kinda understand.

I was in Atlanta on Monday and we ate at this place The Local Three... not bad

Seven Lamps is one of my favs these days.

ouch! Sorry, Niko is usually pretty awesome. After ESS and Eugene tho, I can kinda understand.

I have always had good meals there. It is not fine dining like ESS or Eugene, but it has always been good. You also wanted something by the mall which it is.

I wasn't even comparing it to it to ESS or Eugene. It's just that the food itself wasn't great (at least what we had). I defs apprecite the rec nonetheless (and others in our hotel said it was great as well). And it was nice that it was a fairly short walk as opposed to every other meal which has required cabs.

Got Miller Union tonight. Then I'm not going to eat for another week because my time in ATL has been spent doing nothing but eating very rich food and drinking a spectacular amount of booze.

I feel like the food at Niko would be way better if they had half as many tables. You just are going to get consistent quality in a 100 table resto.

I feel like the food at Niko would be way better if they had half as many tables. You just are going to get consistent quality in a 100 table resto.

It was definitely a shitshow in there last night. Place was packed.

if you held a gun to my head, I could not tell you where Bistro Niko is located.

Back