• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

I wanna try Yum Bunz and Bocca Luppo. Also hoping that the new pizza place by the Family Dog bro is good since its right around the corner from me, but I know it wont be.

Looks like I will be heading back to Atlanta again soon. My last two trips have been good dining wise. I think I had the best time at Holeman & Finch and loved the food. Would gladly return to Empire State South and Miller Union as well. One Eared Stag was good, but the one trip didn't blow me away. I also hit a few burger places. Farm Burger was my favorite. Yeah Burger was just terrible. Maybe an off day, but it was borderline inedible. Flip was pretty good in my opinion.

Suggestions I have received for this trip:

The Optimist
Restaurant Eugene
4th & Swift
Cakes & Ale
Floataway Cafe
Porter Beer Bar

Probably have two dinners during the trip. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Eugene was fantastic. Liked it better than ESS less than Miller Union, though it is a very different experience from both. Would highly recommend.

The best restaurant in Atlanta right now is One Eared Stag and it's really not that close.

Robert Phalen is on fire.

The best restaurant in Atlanta right now is One Eared Stag and it's really not that close.

Robert Phalen is on fire.

Probably bc he is methed out and running from the cops.

Oh..you mean his cooking.

He has talent. But his waiters blow. They are slow and lots of times have no idea what the dishes on the menu are like bc the dish turnover is so high.

I have had very inconsistent experiences there. He has a small menu with a bunch of weird shit on it as well, so if you aren't an adventurous eater, I would not recommend.

Looks like I will be heading back to Atlanta again soon. My last two trips have been good dining wise. I think I had the best time at Holeman & Finch and loved the food. Would gladly return to Empire State South and Miller Union as well. One Eared Stag was good, but the one trip didn't blow me away. I also hit a few burger places. Farm Burger was my favorite. Yeah Burger was just terrible. Maybe an off day, but it was borderline inedible. Flip was pretty good in my opinion.

Suggestions I have received for this trip:

The Optimist
Restaurant Eugene
4th & Swift
Cakes & Ale
Floataway Cafe
Porter Beer Bar

Probably have two dinners during the trip. Thoughts?

I think the Optimist is way overrated. All of these options are good though.

Anybody been to Abattoir since el guapo has moved there?

I did not give many details above. I ate at Stag on a Sunday. We sat outside. One other party was outside. Not a single customer was inside. They were out of a lot of menu items, including what would have been my top choices. What we had was good, but it was not the best experience given all that.

I think the Optimist is way overrated. All of these options are good though.

Anybody been to Abattoir since el guapo has moved there?

It's not overrated

U just hang with gingers with shellfish allergies

Mrs moon says abbatoir good if u order off the (worst kept) secret menu

A couple I know and trust said Abattoir was fabulous when they went this week.

I know this isn't dining related but WOW, Terminal West at King Plow is gorgeous. Went to see the Dirty Guvs last night, great show and beautiful venue.

I know this is Haas, but I will try to pinpoint my question. My wife has a couple of friends coming to Atlanta, they are getting one of the hotels across from the Fox. Recommendations on midtown/downtown eats that might be a little different, besides the usual suspects listed above, like Eugene, Empire, Optimist, etc.? Food is key with them, not ambience. Something different that may be off the radar. My wife says she's trying to avoid those "foamy type" of restaurant.

Last edited:
I know this is Haas, but I will try to pinpoint my question. My wife has a couple of friends coming to Atlanta, they are getting one of the hotels across from the Fox. Recommendations on midtown/downtown eats that might be a little different, besides the usual suspects listed above, like Eugene, Empire, Optimist, etc.? Food is key with them, not ambience. Something different that may be off the radar. My wife says she's trying to avoid those "foamy type" of restaurant.

Antico Pizza, its cliche now but its not foamy.

One Eared Stag

Rathbuns

Bone Garden Cantina

What is foamy?

Last edited:
Back