• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Thanks guys. I have been to Himalayas before and a couple of places up in Alpharetta (I work up there). I'll definitely check out some of the other ones as well.

go to madras chettinaad. it's legit.

not just this white guy's opinion either. had to travel to john's creek for work for a year, and the two indians i was with vouched for it's awesomeness and authenticity.

it's the only thing i miss about traveling down there.

well, the occasional korean bbq dates with moon were good too.....

Last edited:
The Mrs and I are heading to One Eared Stag tomorrow night. Hope it's as good as you foodies claim.

The Mrs and I are heading to One Eared Stag tomorrow night. Hope it's as good as you foodies claim.

january 2, 2014 dinner

cold
cured virginia ham, champagne apple, pear, asher blue cheese, sweet pecans, endive 14
duck liver terrine, pickled grapes, vanilla powder, soldiers 17
pickled red shrimp, juniper cream, radish, wild flowers 16
dumpster salad, bacon, chopped egg, buttermilk 11
rabbit rillettes, duck fat roasted carrot, celery mustarda, toast 9
fresh cow’s milk cheese, ciabatta, green tomato, shishito, garlic scape 14
oysters, mignonette, benne cracker sewansecott(va) watch house(va), blue point(nj) 2.50ea

hot
welsh rarebit, braised bacon, fried egg, pickled seed 12
bacon consume, soft quail egg, cabbage, pickled mustard 10
sapelo clams, sofrito, chickpeas, red roe, toast 15
celery root braised in butter, celery root puree, black truffle, honey comb, bee pollen, nutmeg 17

supper
pastured duck breast, honey, brussels sprouts, bacon, apple, cider 34
60 day dry aged ribeye for 2, potato sauce, fries, béarnaise 85
center cut filet, celery root puree, truffle butter, roasted shallot, pickled onion, buttermilk 39
roasted tuna collar, fennel, arugula, citrus, fried bread, crisp ham, sherry vinaigrette 24
golden rice risotto, cabbage, boiled peanuts, black truffles 29

sides
cauliflower, dates, olives, rosemary 7
fingerling potato, smoked roe, bacon powder 7
stewed kale, garlic 6

sweets
spiced layer cake, blood orange curd, brown butter buttercream, pistachios 8
dark chocolate marquis, champagne granita, strawberry gel, sweet cream 8
rum soaked cake, rum pastry cream filling, rum whipped cream

Saw that menu, Moonz. Looks solid. Any "must orders" on there?

Checked out Smash at Town Brookhaven, very very solid. Houston's esque, but w/ a Tom Catherall spin.

St. Cecilia's, Ford Fry's new place, is baller. Great cocktails, fish and raviolis.

Checked out Smash at Town Brookhaven, very very solid. Houston's esque, but w/ a Tom Catherall spin.

St. Cecilia's, Ford Fry's new place, is baller. Great cocktails, fish and raviolis.

pricey though for what you get, IMO

Would it be fair or unfair to call FOGO the Golden Corral for the foodie?

Think about it...its all you can eat of all the foods you love and desire the most.

Here's the menu from Saturday night at One Eared Stag. We got the Chipotle Fried Quail and the Breakfast Farroto for appetizers. Both were amazing. Then we ordered the Short Rib and Mackerel for entrees. A++. Didn't have room for dessert. We're ready to go back for another try. Highly recommend.

2uqj5gp.jpg

Last edited:
So apparently my parents' house is part of some kitchen tour in Atlanta this weekend and the executive chef from Restaurant Eugene will be cooking in their kitchen. They will be out of town so they have asked me to be there. If any poor soul is being dragged to this by his wife or significant other just let me know and I'll have a bourbon waiting for you when you get there.

Last edited:
I went to Sweet Auburn Bbq's new location in VaHi last night. Classy BBQ place, the smoked wangs were perfect and the taco trio was delicious. Will be returning soon

Man, how about that Flatizza at Subway. Primo italiano. And you can get it with chunks of brocolli, red onions, and egg whites!! Suck it, Antico!

Man, how about that Flatizza at Subway. Primo italiano. And you can get it with chunks of brocolli, red onions, and egg whites!! Suck it, Antico!

you need to gas up the golf kart on a sunday and check out the chicken cacciatore at Gio's next door

Back