• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

you need to gas up the golf kart on a sunday and check out the chicken cacciatore at Gio's next door

I have enough trouble getting it to trip the sensor at Chick-Fil-A's drive through. Their chicken kicks the shit out of Gio's.

PS- most carts (and it's with a "c") are electric.

Don't go to Smash, its a solid and good alternative to Houston's, I would choose St. Cecilia's over Smash

Had La Tavola last night, it was fantastic.

Cook-Out is arriving this month to the A. Location on Moreland Ave to open in late April, Northside Dr near Tech location to open in time for Fall classes at GT.

Had La Tavola last night, it was fantastic.

Always a good call. Just down the st from me.

I tried out Better Half the other week. Plates were really pretty but the flavors and execution weren't quite there. Not that pricey though and I hear they finally have booze now.

Always a good call. Just down the st from me.

I tried out Better Half the other week. Plates were really pretty but the flavors and execution weren't quite there. Not that pricey though and I hear they finally have booze now.

Ration & Dram in the old Arizona Pub location is not bad, cool drinks and stuff.

We live off Monroe near VaHi/Morningside now so we love walking to all these places.

Moved to Atlanta a year ago... just saw this thread.

Favorites since I moved here:
The Optimist
Canoe
Bones
Rathbun's
Haven/Valenza (I live in Brookhaven)
Star Provisions & Taqueria Del Sol (for lunch)

Just "meh":
King + Duke
Bistro Niko
Hal's

Have an aunt & uncle that live out near Woodstock... have really enjoyed Alpine Bakery the few times we've been out that way.

I am pretty sure Yum Bunz closed a couple months after it opened. I went the day it opened and thought it sucked (other than the desserts).

Yum Bunz def closed.

ATS you should go to One Eared Stag

Crawfish Shack isn't bad off Buford near Brookhaven and International Cafe has the best lemon pepper wings north of Jamal's in downtown.

I've heard good things about Crawfish Shack and have driven by there about 1000 times... what do I need to order there?

I've heard good things about Crawfish Shack and have driven by there about 1000 times... what do I need to order there?

They also have the best corn on the cob in the city.

Don't get the crispy breading, get the light.

Very slow but they are upfront and honest about it. BYOB fyi.

Anniversary next week. Where should I take the wife? Was thinking the Optimist as we haven't been there yet. Or maybe Eugene?

We really enjoyed One Eared Stag a couple months ago after it was recommended in this thread.

Anniversary next week. Where should I take the wife? Was thinking the Optimist as we haven't been there yet. Or maybe Eugene?

We really enjoyed One Eared Stag a couple months ago after it was recommended in this thread.

Do St. Cecilia over the Optimist--fancier, but get your rez in ASAP

Bocaluppo is also great for food

Taking the boys (3 kids) to see the Phillies and Braves in June. We always hit the Varsity, and last year hit a burger place built out of an old gas station... Crowded but a fun place to chill before the game. Any suggestions near Turner Field or Airport?? Thanks

Taking the boys (3 kids) to see the Phillies and Braves in June. We always hit the Varsity, and last year hit a burger place built out of an old gas station... Crowded but a fun place to chill before the game. Any suggestions near Turner Field or Airport?? Thanks

Tin Lizzy's Cantina, its a taco place. If they don't like that kind of food, then there's Daddy D'z bbq or Cook-out near the stadium.

Do St. Cecilia over the Optimist--fancier, but get your rez in ASAP

Bocaluppo is also great for food

St. Cecilia or Optimist are both fun, loud but good places.

Might be more romantic at Eugene.

Wife and I did Eugene earlier this month for anniversary. I was fine, but not worth it IMO. They push you for the six/seven course meal which will be very expensive post wine. If not, they try to push you to make a selection from each portion of the regular menu. As if you are insulting the chef if not. Food was good but not great for the price. Service was good but not great for the price. You can do better.
St Cecilia if fun, but it is not going to be a romantic dinner. It is so loud you cant talk. And fuck the optomist.

6 Feet Under on Memorial Drive is another good pregame spot, especially if you get there a couple hours before the game and grab some seats on the rooftop patio. Nice view of Oakland Cemetery, which would be a good place to tour if you and your boys have never done it.

Back