• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Thanks all. I have been convinced on Miller Union and convinced to skip Woodfire. I will be studying up on the others. These are not business meals. I like any type of food, but I especially love pork and seafood.

The Optimist does poach a fish in duck fat, which sounds amazing. Although swordfish is probably the last fish I would order from that list. Do you think some fish would not stand up to a duck fat poach?

Probs.

Atlanta has a ton of great burger places if you're in the mood for a burger: Vortex, Yeah!, Highland Tap among others. Avoid Flip, it sucks balls.

Still haven't had Bocado but there's nothing overrated about the Yokohama Mama at Vortex w/ the fried zucchini.

Didn't Bocado get a terrible Health inspection recently?

that's not a burger it's a fucking heart attack

yes, bad score recently, presumably remedied

Bad scores don't really scare me because I know what it typically means, like dirty rags...no big deal.

Don't be such a pussy about burgers, its below you. ;)

anyone watch the Layover last night?

all i learned was I should have gone to the Clermont lounge last time I visited.

The cat's outta the bag about the Crawfish shack.

I'm prob in the minority but Clermont is over-rated hipster wanna be trash.

Sooo I guess that rules you out as a fan of the Triple Bypass Coronary.

I had the Double Bypass. It was incredible. I pretty much went into food coma for 3 hours, but well worth it. I highly recommend.

What area of Atlanta are you staying? If you're in the Cobb Galleria area, Canoe is fabulous. Its my favorite restaurant in the city. I love Atlanta Fish Market in Buckhead and Oceanaire in Midtown. And brunch at the Flying Biscuit (multiple locations) is very good, cheap, and worth the wait. Don't eat at the Sundial.

I had the Double Bypass. It was incredible. I pretty much went into food coma for 3 hours, but well worth it. I highly recommend.

The moment was captured by an intrepid Pit reporter:

fat-man-eating-burger.jpg

True. It's underbelly tourism. We gotta go back to Magic City and Gold Rush for good, old fashioned, nastiness.

Its nearly OTP but if you want a shoe show in the A, go to Mardi Gras.

Laid back, women are good looking, no ridiculous pressure like Pink Pony and not gross like some places.

I'll echo others...Miller Union is great. Sotto Sotto is good, but I like Wisteria better (same neighborhood). Serpas is also very good (near Rathbuns). Two Urban Licks is fun, and I like most of the Buckhead Life restaurants.

Back