• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Yeah budget is going to be a huge factor as well as house size, the immediate area around Emory is pricey, too very pricey depending on the direction you go. Also depends on where you are working but Emory main is essentially a choke point, there are only two ways in and out on roads not designed for 10,000 cars at the same time. It can take over 30 minutes leaving or entering the 1 mile radius that is Emory depending on the time of day. I’d look northeast side of Atlanta so Chamblee, Tucker, Dunwoody, Peachtree Corners, Norcross, depending on where and time commute would be between 30 minutes to an hour on average.

Thanks. It is in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine so around the hospital.

Seems like we started looking in the right places.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I sent you a message with our realtor we used to purchase our home recently. We were very happy and he knows a lot about the market. If he can’t help you he will know somebody that can.

I live in Brookhaven and work from home. Elementary school (Ashford Park) is good (but the building is old and the school is overcrowded). Houses are overpriced... Appreciation since we moved here 7 years ago has been nuts. We'd cash in and move, but I don't know where else we'd want to live (maybe move back to Florida).

Traffic to get where you are going sucks. And unfortunately, you can't really gauge what that will look like normally because everything is so weird right now. I rarely have to go down to that area, but it is a pain in the ass to get from there back to where I live at most any time of day during the week.

So, while I'm not saying anything different from anyone else, I'd say that you really need to think about your commute before anything else. Schools obviously important, as well... We're public school filth, but it's pretty common for folks to go the private school route where the public schools suck.

It's a really nice area, though... Don't get me wrong. Driving around is just a nightmare during the week.

I'd recommend Dunwoody - but as most have said - the commute will not be the best.

Dunwoody, Chamblee, Brookhaven area would be the best as far as traffic. You end up going opposite traffic on 285 if you decide 285 to 85S, the 85S traffic doesn't start to backup too bad until the exit you would take, Clairmont. Clairmont over to Lavista and up Houston Mill, that would be about 45 minutes, but you are sitting on Houston mill for 20 minutes in the morning and the evening. You also always have the option of Peachtree Industrial to Clairmont or North Druid Hills depending on highway accidents. Like I said before the biggest problem is getting in and out of the Emory area if its peak times 8-10, and 4-6. This also widely varies based on school, will always have hospital and CDC traffic but for 3 months you get a summer/holiday reprieve. Other areas more east of Emory, like Tucker are a problem because that direction in and out of Emory is a disaster as its been built up massively the last 5 years. Also when it comes to traffic for some reason people like to downplay how long they get to sit in their car here. Like people that live up in Alpharetta and work downtown try to convince you it takes 30 minutes, which maybe on Sunday night at 2am.

is harry's still open in greensboro? i loved that place.

HA HA HA you admitted to spending time in greensboro

would you rather spend a week in greensboro or a year in jacksonville

Is this a joke? Jacksonville for certain. Beach, river, fishing, GA/FL game.

Yeah, we should be going to a bowl game in Greensboro against JMU instead of mighty Texas A&M in Jacksonville.

A whole week in Greensboro is like torture though

Back