• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

I've had brunch three times in three years. Two of those times were in Atlanta.

Someone mentioned burgers on this thread. I loved Farm Burger. Lardo as a topping, along with pork belly, was amazing. I really liked Flip Burger too. Yeah! Burger. Uh No! Dry burger. Cold bun. Horribly harsh thick cut onion. Worst burger I have had in a while.

Anyone else at the conference in Stone Mtn with Bernanke? Need some dining recs...nice touch giving the Nats fan a Bravos hat.

Anyone else at the conference in Stone Mtn with Bernanke? Need some dining recs...nice touch giving the Nats fan a Bravos hat.

Matthews Cafeteria for lunch, its in Tucker.

I wasn't impressed w/ the Muir. Maybe I went too early. Plus its pricey, everything seemed about 20-25% too much.

I got the pastrami smoked hash, it was pretty good.

The wife got the the lump crab omelette, to be honest, I thought this would be awesome. Really really disappointed.

My bloody mary was bland, total amateur hour food experience. Love the location, the ambiance is ok but kinda too Jewhipster for this goy. Cost like $60 for what should have been a $30 experience.

Why do people continue to go to FLIP Burger?

1. Its too loud.

2. They over salt

3. Burgers aren't that good.

4. Blaise ain't there anymore.

pl_zombie_brains_f.jpg

I wasn't impressed w/ the Muir. Maybe I went too early. Plus its pricey, everything seemed about 20-25% too much.

I got the pastrami smoked hash, it was pretty good.

The wife got the the lump crab omelette, to be honest, I thought this would be awesome. Really really disappointed.

My bloody mary was bland, total amateur hour food experience. Love the location, the ambiance is ok but kinda too Jewhipster for this goy. Cost like $60 for what should have been a $30 experience.

wait. The wife?

Im not sure Go understands the republican traditional standard of marriage. You have to have a ceremony blessed by the sweet baby jesus and the great state of Georgia, Go.

Otherwise, you have the same status of 2 bros in the bathroom stall at Blake's. NTTAWWT.

The fiance would be the more technical term I suppose.

Getting married in March of '14.

Im not sure Go understands the republican traditional standard of marriage. You have to have a ceremony blessed by the sweet baby jesus and the great state of Georgia, Go.

Otherwise, you have the same status of 2 bros in the bathroom stall at Blake's. NTTAWWT.

The alley next to Blake's > bathroom at Blake's. Add in the Jason's Deli soft serve from across the street and you've got quite a fun and tasty evening.

Why do people continue to go to FLIP Burger?

1. Its too loud.

2. They over salt

3. Burgers aren't that good.

4. Blaise ain't there anymore.

I liked it last time I went. Not as good as some other burgers I've had though, that's true. Too loud, lololol. You know how I know you're old?

Farm Burger just opened a location in Asheville though, think I'm gonna try and go with the gf this weekend. Hoping for good things.

Farm Burger is solid, pretty delicious.

There is a pretty funny bro who trolls the AJC food blog. On every resto review he posts as 'Cobb Fattie' and complains that the resto was too loud and too expensive for the portion size. Kills me every time.

Reactions: Go
There is a pretty funny bro who trolls the AJC food blog. On every resto review he posts as 'Cobb Fattie' and complains that the resto was too loud and too expensive for the portion size. Kills me every time.

Moon's buddy from Yelp who eventually got banned was a GREAT yelp-er and he was funny as hell like that. I think his name is Kit.

The Yelp food community actually does a lot of cool stuff.

can I get some recs for brunch, lunch, and dinner for this weekend? I'm staying downtown and am a super poor student

Antico Pizza in west midtown. Cheap and delicious. BYOB. They have a chicken place next door that is also cheap and good. Good for lunch or dinner.

Cypress St Pint and Plate is a great spot in Midtown to hang.

Highland Bakery for Brunch, its close to downtown. Inman Park location. Also cheap.

Alma Cocina is a mexican place downtown that is not too pricey. In the bottom of the 191 Ptree building.

All of these places are 5 mins or less from downtown.

Reactions: BDL
I'm going to be in ATL next month and will to have to remember this thread. I think we're staying in Decatur.

Back