• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Anyone gone to Villains Sammiches in midtown yet? Heard good things, by the Grindhouse folks.

Moonz, my anniversary is this week. What is the new spot to take the lady? Any no, we will not be eating Ruben Sammies.

if you like seafood, The Optimist is very good. Cakes&Ale in decatur--kind of a trek. Miller Union. Empire State South.

General Muir in emory area is very good for dinner, but may be too ethnic for you. OY!

let me keep thinking...

I loved Serpas, went there recently. Moonz hitting all the good places.

Should we have a boards meetup at Gunshow? I gotta hit up that place soon

Agree with Moon, I had been to Bacchanalia three times over the years and always thought it a bit overrated. Quinones was the shizzle though. They are only open on Saturday nights now, and they prepare an 8-10 course meal with pairings that was out of this world.

Course two was cured hamachi with Uni with sav blanc. Course three was a foie torchon with sauternes. Talk about rich on rich on rich. Crazy good meal.

americanpsycho2.jpg

Thanks Moon. Been to all those except Cakes and Miller Union. Might need to give Eugene another shot. On the Optimist, I have now been three times and each time sucked. First made me sick, second was just bad and third was a joke (2nd and 3rd try were in groups and I just said WTF and went). Not going back.

Canoe is a thought, but it is BORING.

Thanks Moon. Been to all those except Cakes and Miller Union. Might need to give Eugene another shot. On the Optimist, I have now been three times and each time sucked. First made me sick, second was just bad and third was a joke (2nd and 3rd try were in groups and I just said WTF and went). Not going back.

What sort of activities are you looking for during an anniversary dinner?

MU is a livlier atmosphere than eugene

i'd go to miller union

You've apparently never eaten in Atlanta's finer dining establishments. It's so exciting you barely notice you're eating.

Never eaten at Cakes and Ale, The Optimist, or General Muir but I've eaten at the rest of them. A couple of Wednesdays ago I ate at Canoe and they had live music going outside. That wasn't bad, and I didn't think it was boring, but maybe DSD was looking for something else.

I agree with Moon though...MU is very good and would be a fun place since he hasn't been there before. Get the farm egg appetizer.

Back