• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

KennyRogersRoast

Reaction score
Ideas for at least one dinner (a Thursday) and two weekend lunches. Anything unique? Only requirement is great food.

Dwarf House, how clever. I think I've had enough Varsity to last me.

JCT Kitchen, Woodfire, and Holeman recommended elsewhere.

Haven't been there since last year when we visited Atlanta, but ...

Pasta di Pucinella was fantastic (especially if you are in the mood for italian food).

Hadn't seen the PM. First one I ever got. I did like Kevin on Top Chef.

He is not really around too much anymore. He has already announced his departure at the end of the year and is working on a book and his new restaurant, which will open in February. http://atlanta.eater.com/archives/2012/09/13/kevin-gillespie-on-gunshow.php Used to be a big fan of Woodfire but the dining experience/price ratio has gone down considerably over the last 2 years.

Second the recommendation for Miller Union (although it can be tough to get a reservation) and also really like Abbatoir which is over on that side of town as well.

I'll second (or third) Miller Union, The Lawrence and Tomo and add Cakes & Ale and Empire State South to the list.

Rathbun's

Antico

The Optimist

The Spence (Blais's new place)

Tomo

Eugene

all awesome recs.

What kind of food do you like in particular?

No on woodfire. JCT is decent but Miller Union is superior. If you like fish, try The Optimist.

Holeman is excellent for cocktails and gastro pub food (lots of organ meats) but it gets packed.

Don't even consider South City Kitchen

Kyma is great

BLT Steak downtown is usually great.

For lunch, if you want world class Neopolitan pizza, try Antico near Ga Tech.

You ignored my pm so this is more than you deserve fucker.

I really enjoyed my Woodfire experience. Granted, that was 3 or so years ago.

No on woodfire. JCT is decent but Miller Union is superior. If you like fish, try The Optimist.

Holeman is excellent for cocktails and gastro pub food (lots of organ meats) but it gets packed.

Don't even consider South City Kitchen

Kyma is great

BLT Steak downtown is usually great.

For lunch, if you want world class Neopolitan pizza, try Antico near Ga Tech.

You ignored my pm so this is more than you deserve fucker.

The Optimist is flat out terrible. They served us raw shrimp. I almost puked at the table.

I like Rathbun's alot.

If this is a business lunch, Antico probably wont work due to the seating situation.

I like Agave for lunch but it is not a hip trend setter spot.

OH NO, I loved The Optimist. F man, I hate to hear that...

Really? Agave? and hellooooo, raw shrimp is called sashimi...

helloooooooooooooo

A perfect option for a biznaz lunch is Nan Thai on Spring Street

These were peel and eat boiled shrimp. Not sushi.

I agree with Nan. It is a great spot.

What is your prob w Agave? Not hip enough? The food is pretty darn good.

Steamhouse Lounge is a good spot for a weekend lunch. Not high end or anything. Great deck.

Ask Moonzzz for Korean chicken recs.

tumblr_lka86jq7en1qzsm82.gif

Steamhouse Lounge is a good spot for a weekend lunch. Not high end or anything. Great deck.

If you're looking for something in that realm, I think Six Feet Under has a better deck and better food.

Back