• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday Night Live

For a network that used really rock, NBC is really a shadow of what they used to be (bought & sold too many times), not giving Eddie Murphy more than 2 minutes is a crime especially since he hasn't been there on SNL since 81.

No kidding. For all the hype about him coming back, you would have thought they'd get him in a skit.

Unless Murphy flat-out refused and only wanted two minutes of nothing, it's really just a tremendous mis-management of a great talent. The audience was ready to go with Eddy.
They took a leak and went to bed when Kanye did his weirdness.

There's has been too much music, and too many commercials.

And too much Fred Armisen. He's the absolute fucking worst.

LE TITS NOW!!

the best.

chevy chase is fat now.

He pulled the same shit on the red carpet pre-show. Carson Daly asked a totally innocent question: "How does it feel being part of the original cast?"

Chevy: "Part of it?!"

Overall I enjoyed last night's special quite a bit. Not sure how The Californian's made the cut, but liked most everything else. The Martin Short / Maya Rudolph bit was pretty funny. I think my favorite skit of the night was Celebrity Jeopardy. There were a few characters I would have liked to have seen more of, but weren't featured.

Music was fine - I didn't think it was too much or too little, but the selections were interesting. Miley - did fine, but as the second act? A featured artist? Kanye - as someone else mentioned, it was almost as if he was making fun of himself. I'd give the night a solid B, maybe B+. It was about 30 minutes too long and there were way too many commercials.

thought Myers/Carvey nailed Wayne's World. The only thing that was weird was the lorne michaels worship towards the end. I get it that SNL has launched a ton of careers but it's hard to believe that Lorne wasn't planning most of that tribute

How Fred Armisen cracked the top 200 of that SNL list is a mystery to me.

the list seems to be based on consistency and utility, both of which Armisen has loads of. i don't understand the armisen haters.

I'd move Ferrell way up the list.

Most definitely.

the list seems to be based on consistency and utility, both of which Armisen has loads of. i don't understand the armisen haters.

I'm a hater. Just not my cup of tea with his humor, but I get that plenty of folks like him. My biggest gripe with Armisen is that he embodies many of the missteps from his era on the show. Quirky small market humor that was recycled into infinity (see Californians, The). I also think they missed an opportunity to give Pharoah more time as Obama by sticking with Armisen too long.

Back