• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday Night Live

the list seems to be based on consistency and utility, both of which Armisen has loads of. i don't understand the armisen haters.

I'm with this guy. I like Armisen. But then, the weird quirky humor that he was often involved with is very very much my kind of humor. The Californians, for instance, I love those sketches.

yeah, it went a little too long last night but I like the californians if only b/c it lets the better players get ridiculous. I really enjoy the weird sketches on SNL.

what got me was the (over)- insertion of the current players and how much most of them suck when viewed against the all-time great players & bits

what got me was the (over)- insertion of the current players and how much most of them suck when viewed against the all-time great players & bits

So much this. The only part of The Californians skit I found remotely funny (and that for the ludicrousness) was the Bradley Cooper/Betty White smooch.

So glad I didn't waste 3 hours on this last night, but the celeb jeopardy and Seinfeld stuff was good.

Bill Murray singing the Jaws song as Nick Ocean had my crying.

I like weird humor, but I've never gotten into Fred Armisen.

Thought it was great overall, but I have no idea how anyone could watch it live and sit through the commercials.

Loved that Keenan finally did a Cosby joke. The Timberlake/Fallon open was great. Surprised that Miley was actually really good then Kanye was a mess. Chris Rock's introduction for Eddie Murphy was amazing.

Entire thing was much better than I was expecting.

Thought it was great overall, but I have no idea how anyone could watch it live and sit through the commercials.

Loved that Keenan finally did a Cosby joke. The Timberlake/Fallon open was great. Surprised that Miley was actually really good then Kanye was a mess. Chris Rock's introduction for Eddie Murphy was amazing.

Those were both great. I forgot to mention the Weekend Update bit, which I greatly enjoyed. Jane Curtin's Fox news joke slayed me.

agreed; what was also amazing were Murphy's two jokes "feels a little like going back to your HS" and " it's so great to have everyone celebrating things I did 35 yrs ago"

lolz

What did Norm McDonald do to the author? Ranked way to low IMO.

Yeah what the fuck. He was amazing on SNL. Haven't finished the list yet, but I'm assuming number 1 is, you guessed it, Frank Stallone.

I think Kanye was on there because his appearances have been so disastrous... it was kind of a joke in and of itself. Because yeah, why else would they have him of all people.

Kanye is known to be awful on snl?

the last time i saw him on there it was painfully terrible/ashlee simpson bad as far as being off from his own music.

Two of my all-time favorite skits (Sprockets and Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals) didn't make any highlights. Glad they had a clip from Brian Fellow's Safari Planet.

I've seen at least a half dozen Second City shows and Rachel Dratch was by far the funniest Second City performer I've ever seen. Shows how important writers are since Tina Fey (same cast as Dratch), Chris Farley, and Tim Meadows weren't nearly as good at Second City.

can't believe they didn't do a Frank Stallone joke during the WE section. Also got a kick out of McDonald drawing out the Chevy Chase intro.

Seinfeld was great...Brian Williams joke; got the last two tickets before Disneyland burned down... then asking Larry David if he's going to after party...good stuff

Watched the Celebrity Jeopdardy skit this morning. That Connery joke about yellow snow was amazing.

Back