• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday Night Live

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
This is my attempt to create a general thread about Saturday Night Live.

Last night's season premiere with Seth MacFarlane was solid. I've never seen a full episode of Family Guy, not really my thing, but MacFarlane was an excellent host -- would fit right in to the regular cast.

Some good sketches (liked the puppet sketch and even the Steve Harvey sketch), a funny fake political ad, and an excellent Weekend Update (the Ryan Lochte bit had me rolling).

The #FreeJayPharoah'sObama movement finally came to fruition and the results were positive.

Frank Ocean was great, especially the first song. That is some good doin' it music.

Anyway, enjoy it, because as usual there are going to be some seriously dogshit episodes in the future, but the premiere was very good.

Can't seem to get hulu video to embed, but here are a couple links:

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/401526[/video]

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/401528[/video]

Didn't realize this was on last night. I honestly am optimistic that the departing talent will ultimately help the how. The big names were in literally every sketch for the last few years, and you had rising stars like Pharoah rotting away in the dressing room. Let new talent develop and invest their time in new characters and sketches. That is what has always been the recipe for success at SNL.

I didn't know it was on either. Catching it on Hulu now. I thought Sudeikis was going to leave. Apparently not.

Sudeikis plays Romney and Biden, so it makes sense he'd stick around through the election.

The move to Pharoah as Obama was a great one. Thought MacFarlane did a really good job, and the puppet sketch, particularly Hader's part, cracked me up. Frank Ocean was incredible.

Pharoah's impersonation seems to actually capture the humorous aspects of Obama's speech and mannerisms. Seems like they can do a lot more with Obama now than they could with Armisen.

Also, I agree 100% with DeacFreak07. New blood is always a good thing on SNL. I liked Samberg's digital shorts, but otherwise he didn't bring much to the table. Wiig was funny, but overexposed. Hader and Killam are extremely talented, and it will be cool to see them carry the show this season.

Had no idea this was back on either. Makes sense since the Thursday night shows are back this week.

For some reason, IK like guys who do "voices." MacFarlane fits that mold well

I enjoyed the opener. I am going to miss Samberg's digital shorts a lot. Didn't get to see much out of the new people to see if they are any good.

The puppet skit was hilarious.
:rofl:
Puppets-e1347770313888.jpg

Just watched a few sketches on Hulu. Sudekis is going to hit the next level like Tina Fey in '08. He's like a kid who had to come back for his senior year because there was no doubt the check he'd cash in a year beats the one he would cash now.

Weird that they had Mayer there and didn't say anything....guitar part is simple and nice too. Ocean is talented as hell.

I won't miss some of Wiig's terrible characters like Gilly. Overall I thought it was really good. We'll see how they do in the coming weeks when the host isn't as talented as McFarlane.

I was surprised Abby Elliot wasn't in the cast anymore. I liked her, plus amazingly she was hot given who her father is.

Back