• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4 Americans killed by Afghani police- 51 killed in "insider attacks" this year

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
4 Americans killed by Afghani police- 51 killed in "insider attacks" this year

Check out the little kid holding what I presume to be an AK47 in this video. The gun is almost as big as him. More than 10 of these guys were killed by an ISAF airstrike shortly after this was filmed. I wonder if it was the same attack that killed 8 women?
Local officials in Laghman told the BBC at least eight women had died, while provincial council member Gulzar Sangarwal said nine were dead.

Major Adam Wojack, a spokesman for the Isaf international forces, said between five and eight civilians could have been killed, and said an investigation was under way.

He told the BBC that a group of some 45 insurgents had been targeted by an Isaf unit, and many had been killed.
"Unfortunately, we have become aware of possible Isaf-caused civilian casualties as a result of this strike, numbering five-eight Afghans," he said.

"Isaf offers its sincerest condolences to the affected community and family members, as well as to the Afghan people, concerning this tragic loss of life."

At least seven women were also reported to have been injured. Provincial health director Latif Qayumi said some of them injured were girls aged as young as 10.

The Laghman governor's office said a number of civilians had gone to the mountains to collect wood and nuts from a forest in the Noarlam Saib valley, a common practice in the area.

The mountainous, highly forested terrain remote from government control make the area attractive to Taliban and other insurgent groups, correspondents say.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19616356

Last edited:
Deplorable.

And there's nothing anyone can do about it. No matter who you vote for, even Gary Johnson, you're getting more drone activity, more interventionism (he's said he wouldn't want to "take it off the table").

I wish I could say I can't believe it. But when the most powerful country in the world is controlled by corporate interests and the idea of a two-party system is a joke, it's completely believable. And it's believable that it will get worse.

Deplorable.

And there's nothing anyone can do about it. No matter who you vote for, even Gary Johnson, you're getting more drone activity, more interventionism (he's said he wouldn't want to "take it off the table"). .

I owe you some pos-rep for this.

Back