• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Other than the fact that the only adults who could for sure say that everything was on the up and up, Roy, Walden, and Lubitz, have all refused to comment after 2 months of trying from Kane?

That's striking to me. A lot of folks caught up in the scandal have had their names dragged through the month and yet don't seemed to be all that concerned about "correcting" any misapprehensions. Prof Julius, Deb Crowder, Jennifer Wiley, Lt. Lubitz, Wayne Walden, the players taking the suspect classes. . .

For what it's worth, I do believe that the piece was an introduction by the N&O to a new string in the scandal with a LOT more to come. More classes in NROTC with other instructors will eventually come to light making this an "academic" discussion.

Another quote from Wes Miller:
http://www.news-record.com/blog/56101/entry/154197

It was as challenging as any elective I took in college and legitimate as any class could be in college.

A class with a syllabus requiring a 2-3 page paper and a 5 minute oral presentation with no exams or quizzes, resulting in a B+ average despite being full of 30 athletes (of which Wes Miller was the only bball player with a GPA above 3.0), was as challenging and legitimate as any other elective he took at UNC? Wes, bud...sometimes you should plead the 5th. If everything is so legitimate, please offer up all of these other electives from your transcript so we can look into them as well.

For what it's worth, I do believe that the piece was an introduction by the N&O to a new string in the scandal with a LOT more to come. More classes in NROTC with other instructors will eventually come to light making this an "academic" discussion.

Kane already mentioned a few:
The university’s records show athletes accounted for more than half the enrollments in at least four other naval science classes. One weapons class, held in the fall of 2008, had 26 athletes, eight of them football players. The grade-point average for the class was 3.84.

I took every military history, orienteering, art of war class I could find at Wake through the ROTC folks - they were known to be easy 2-credit hour As... But, they were legitimate classes - you had to go, there were tests that you actually had to prepare for (at least some), etc. I don't remember there being many, if any, athletes in there with us... and they were pretty large classes, by Wake standards, IIRC.

The difference here - and the red flags wrt to this UNC class - are the different professor, sudden rush of athletes to predominate the class, the difference in grades vs other semesters, etc...

UNC really has it down to a science. While the AFAM program was completely corrupt they made the rest of their "clustering" class that they placed athletes in one or two time deals and bounced them around majors (IMO of course). Much harder to pin down corruption at the academic level with a moving target like this.

Miller sounds like an absolute dumbass with that quote. A 2-3 page double spaced midterm paper accounting for a significant portion of the final grade? That sounds like my classes in 6th grade.

Another quote from Wes Miller:
http://www.news-record.com/blog/56101/entry/154197

A class with a syllabus requiring a 2-3 page paper and a 5 minute oral presentation with no exams or quizzes, resulting in a B+ average despite being full of 30 athletes (of which Wes Miller was the only bball player with a GPA above 3.0), was as challenging and legitimate as any other elective he took at UNC? Wes, bud...sometimes you should plead the 5th. If everything is so legitimate, please offer up all of these other electives from your transcript so we can look into them as well.[/QUOTE]

You think it is easy trying to put together a 20 minute presentation with 4 idiots? :cool:

Miller sounds like an absolute dumbass with that quote. A 2-3 page double spaced midterm paper accounting for a significant portion of the final grade? That sounds like my classes in 6th grade.

I had a class like that at Wake. It was also far and away the easiest 3 credit hour class I took at Wake. Not even comparable to any other.

Wes may just be towing the company line in hopes that he's considered when Roy steps down. Between the tumors and this potential scandal, he may be thinking that will be sooner rather than later.

Who would want to step into this mess. . .if it is as bad as it seems, the Heels may be looking at no post-season for a while in both of the revenue sports.

Please say someone is raising hell on the IC boards.

Please say someone is raising hell on the IC boards.

As best I can tell, the most hell that is being raised is over whether or not they are going to ban posters who make threats towards Dan Kane and/or post his home address/telephone, etc on the forum.

As best I can tell, the most hell that is being raised is over whether or not they are going to ban posters who make threats towards Dan Kane and/or post his home address/telephone, etc on the forum.

Boooo!

Point Wolf was nice enough to post on TOS, so I'll re-post here:

38 students ....3.63 gpa.......

Maybe the PR firm can let us know who let it out that:

28 .....got A's
8........got B's
2........got C's

the mole says that the C's were for no participation at all.

Seems like Check Mate to me. . .good to have a "Mole" I guess. . .

Back