• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

The Carolina Way...

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/duken...eel-rashads-run-in-with-duke-wr-conner-vernon

Duke head coach David Cutcliffe said he was told by an official that Rashad had been running backwards and bumped into Vernon. Now, that's clearly not true, and Cutcliffe saw as much when he reviewed the game tape Sunday morning.

"It's different than what was described to me during the game," Cutcliffe said of the run-in. "It was full speed, and there was no intent to avoid. We were going to turn it in but we understand now that the conference office is looking at it, and I'll be interested to see what they say.

"People have seen it, you've seen it on television, I've just never seen anything quite like it. I was amazed when I saw that this morning. I don't know, I'm kind of speechless about it. I've never had that happen in my entire career. Very unusual."

More on the audit of Matt Kupec's unsupported personal expenses with his trips with Tami H: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10/24/2432371/the-tab-for-kupec-hansbrough-travel.html

I find it quite interesting to note the lawyers being used by Matt & Tami. Matt has retained Wade Smith who we last saw defending John Blake. Tami has Joe Cheshire, better known as tutor girl Jennifer Wiley's lawyer. Those 2 lawyers are making a killing off of UNC scandals.

I find it quite interesting to note the lawyers being used by Matt & Tami. Matt has retained Wade Smith who we last saw defending John Blake. Tami has Joe Cheshire, better known as tutor girl Jennifer Wiley's lawyer. Those 2 lawyers are making a killing off of UNC scandals.

Only a few corrupt lawyers can be trusted to represent both their actual client AND the interests of UNC.

I hear it is just the tip of the iceberg and may soon get to basketball. Medical issue could allow the head coach to retire.

vAhzy.png

UNC will release all player interviews conducted during their investigation per a settlement with the media (including the N&O).

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10/25/2438938/unc-will-make-player-interview.html

After they have taken out anything that could "harm" the students obviously. Allowing UNC to go in and black out information instead of a third party is something that hasn't made sense to me in this whole ordeal. Why doesn't the investigator black out whatever information is covered by government laws, and then have UNC okay it after it's blacked out? Probably won't be anything to see here sadly.

This is going to end up a bigger cock tease than one of my longtime high school girlfriends...

Is there precedence for the NCAA disciplining a school because the courses its athletes were taking werent rigorous enough?

I'm really worried this paper course stuff is going to amount to nothing.

Then again, it does raise the question of how someone who doesn't know what a paragraph is can get high enough boards scores to even qualify.

If a student athlete is illiterate and passing classes so the school can make money, that is the peak of academic corruption. It is complete disregard for the well being of a student.

Awesome story. UNC attorneys interviewed this gal, heard what she had to say and did not deem it relevant to the NCAA's investigation. Hard to see how the other shoe is not going to fall on the Heels.

I think it's hilarious she had enough info and passion about the shit storm in Chapel Hill to write a master's thesis on it.

Back