• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

She says 20 years, as I've mentioned before I've known about it for 30.

We all know what's going on over on the Hill but this doesn't help the cause:

Willingham -- who did not give the newspaper any physical evidence to support her story

If what she says is true, it should not be too difficult to find a former academic adviser who will corroborate her story.

gooby-pls_design.png

Is there precedence for the NCAA disciplining a school because the courses its athletes were taking werent rigorous enough?

I'm really worried this paper course stuff is going to amount to nothing.

Then again, it does raise the question of how someone who doesn't know what a paragraph is can get high enough boards scores to even qualify.

1) Is this a matter for the NCAA, UNC's academic accrediting agency, or both?
2) If UNC loses it's academic accreditation, can they still participate in NCAA athletics?

The Martin Report is about to drop...and all indications are exactly what we thought it would be...a whitewash that pins the blame Julius Nyang'oro and Deborah Crowder and claims it went no further than those two.

BREAKING NEWS: According to the independent review at UNC conducted by former Gov. Jim Martin, academic irregularities at the university that have spawned five investigations were confined to the African and Afro-American Studies department. Martin's review covered 18 academic years dating back to 1994, covering 119,000 undergrads.

BREAKING NEWS: According to the independent review at UNC conducted by former Gov. Jim Martin, academic irregularities at the university that have spawned five investigations were confined to the African and Afro-American Studies department. Martin's review covered 18 academic years dating back to 1994, covering 119,000 undergrads.

Hilarious. Even though untrue, it's funny the way it's been spun as a positive. "Hey look, ONLY our AA Studies department is corrupt as hell and breaking rules and laws left and right to keep athletes eligible."

Did he just channel 1958? It's the black guys' fault. See.....

They concluded there was no collusion between department and academic counselors...which is funny, considering they didn't even bother to interview the people they're pinning this on.

Man, I hope the public calls bullshit on this.

Back