• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

DeaconPeach

Beer me
Reaction score
Tweet from Derek Rowles

#UNC .. 3 current and 1 former player involved in crash in May.. driver with alcohol on breath, but not impaired.. car flipped into bushes.. UNC police officer assigned to Butch Davis on game days was the investigating officer. Driver only cited with 'no valid license'.. even though he was going 20mph over the speed limit and had been drinking. Cover-up? UNC officer says no, but resigned weeks after the crash. Full story at 6pm #ABC11

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/abc11_investigates&id=8310178

it seems pretty clear that this was the policeman's doing. more information could come out linking it to the school, but i doubt this will have any serious implications for unc, especially since the officer "resigned"

marvin.jpg

A cop who was assigned to Butch Davis on game days. You can't tell me that Butch didn't have him "looking after" his players when needed...

at this point i dont care tbh. its just one more issue on an already massive mountain of issues really.

This is not the only incident that involves a Chapel Hill cop letting a goat football player walk after getting in BIG trouble.

ALLEGEDLY,A well-known goat football player, a serious charge that requires an automatic hold in lock-up + "missing" paperwork and a big game the next day do not equal trouble in UNC-CHeaterhill.

Hopefully, this story will break over on packpride soon or the media will pick it up. Or maybe one of the people (victims) involved will talk.

So no, this case is not an isolated incident...but I have to wonder- if paperwork is destroyed is there anyway to corroborate this?

This is not the only incident that involves a Chapel Hill cop letting a goat football player walk after getting in BIG trouble.

ALLEGEDLY,A well-known goat football player, a serious charge that requires an automatic hold in lock-up + "missing" paperwork and a big game the next day do not equal trouble in UNC-CHeaterhill.

Hopefully, this story will break over on packpride soon or the media will pick it up. Or maybe one of the people (victims) involved will talk.

So no, this case is not an isolated incident...but I have to wonder- if paperwork is destroyed is there anyway to corroborate this?

Please spill the beans

Please spill the beans

I don't know details but ALLEGEDLY a UNC football player was arrested last fall for assault on a female...on a Friday night. Automatic weekend lock-up.

Paperwork was "lost", no charges were filed and the player was able to play the next day. It was in October...maybe before the Clemson game?

Not 100% sure which player it ALLEGEDLY was (but I know it was a starter) so I don't want to say a name...

ETA: The player I think it was was one of the players suspended early in the season and was cleared to play in the GT game.

Last edited:
i just hope the UNC investigation doesn't get the benefit of being overlooked due to it's position between tOSU and da U. sounds like they had some pretty shady shit go down. the good thing is that our friends at packpride won't let it go away no matter who subsequently gets investigated.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on another thread... but it's now come to light that UNC hired a Sports Agent to teach a class. Hilarious!

At a time when North Carolina officials were embarrassed to find that sports agents had infiltrated the football program, the chairman of the university's African and Afro-American Studies Department hired an agent to teach a summer class.

At the time of the class this summer, the agent, Carl Carey Jr., represented two football players who had been selected in this spring's NFL draft.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/26/2557286/sports-agent-taught-at-unc.html#ixzz1WWvvcKZc

"While he was teaching, Carey was trying to retain Robert Quinn as a client. He is now suing Quinn to recover nearly $300,000 in loans and advances he said he gave Quinn in advance of a professional deal."

:eek:

Not sure if this has been mentioned on another thread... but it's now come to light that UNC hired a Sports Agent to teach a class. Hilarious!

At a time when North Carolina officials were embarrassed to find that sports agents had infiltrated the football program, the chairman of the university's African and Afro-American Studies Department hired an agent to teach a summer class.

At the time of the class this summer, the agent, Carl Carey Jr., represented two football players who had been selected in this spring's NFL draft.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/26/2557286/sports-agent-taught-at-unc.html#ixzz1WWvvcKZc

This is just freaking ridiculous.

The amount of stuff going on at UNC seems to be at the level of Miami.

Back