• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ever been charged with a crime you didn't commit?

I've had a close friend charged with date rape by a girl he hosed after a big party at his place about 12 years ago. It led to the loss of his job and he ended up moving out of state to find work. The charges were later dropped after it was determined the girl in question had a history of getting drunk, ending up on her back, and falsely accusing (4 different times) the guys that she took to bed.

The really scary thing is it would have been me nailing this chick and likely having my life ruined had I not blacked out on his couch towards the end of the party.

I've had a close friend charged with date rape by a girl he hosed after a big party at his place about 12 years ago. It led to the loss of his job and he ended up moving out of state to find work. The charges were later dropped after it was determined the girl in question had a history of getting drunk, ending up on her back, and falsely accusing (4 different times) the guys that she took to bed.

The really scary thing is it would have been me nailing this chick and likely having my life ruined had I not blacked out on his couch towards the end of the party.

Was this an 80s movie? Revenge of the Nerds 4, maybe?

I had a friend several years ago charged with date rape that went to trial with a not-guilty decision. Morning after regret, but he actually stayed at her apartment till lunch the next day. Really surprised a prosecutor would even pursue it.

Similar true story to these, but with a small, interesting twist. Guy I knew was the leader of a crime fighting organization known as Pre-Crime. This organization predicted future murders with the help of “pre-cogs” that envision the murders before they occur. So the organization comes under suspicion by the federal government and they send this hot, young agent to investigate and shut them down if he finds anything fishy. The system itself is challenged when the guy I know is envisioned murdering a man by the name of “Crowe.” So my buddy, stupidly (I told him not to), goes to the place where he knows the murder he's supposed to commit happens but does not kill Crowe, even though he finds a bunch of pictures of his missing son digitally manipulated to make him look older than when he was lost, because, you know what, the philosophy of determinism is bullshit and a person decides his own fate and HAS A CHOICE. In the end, determinism was defeated when my friend's mentor, one of the founders of pre-crime, must choose between shooting my friend (pre crime works) or choosing his “alternate future” (pre crime fails), and realizes he HAS A CHOICE. So, yeah, this never happened to me, but being charged with a crime that you not only haven't committed, but that also hasn't happened yet, can happen (if they find the pre-cogs out in the woods, fix the glitches and get the unit up and running again).

When I was in prep school, I saw some of my classmates pulling a prank on the headmasters car. Someone saw me in the area and the headmaster tried to make me talk, but I wouldn't. He even offered to write me a letter of rec to get into Harvard as a bribe. I still refused so he brought me up on BS disciplinary charges. This was right before Thanksgiving, and I was spending the holiday babysitting this blind retired marine. I thought we were going to sit around all weekend, but he ends up taking me to NYC for the weekend...one thing leads to another, he pulls a bunch of crazy shit, and I end up stopping him from killing himself. We return to school and he comes to the disciplinary hearing with me and gives an impassioned speech in my favorand the school disciplinary committee refuses to go along with the headmaster's punishment for my silence, so I ended up skating.

Played football with a guy that was a year younger than me, and he was getting some looks from some decent schools. His Senior year when I was at Wake he went to a party and banged some chick. Her mom found out and she claimed she was raped.

He got kicked out of school. Scholarship offers were revoked. His parents had to take on a second mortgage on their house to pay for his defense fees. Finally, she admitted on the stand that she had made up all of the charges.

He got his GED, and became a mechanic. He was killed last year in a motorcycle accident and his GF was 2 months pregnant. He was just a really really great guy.

True story. In 2nd or 3rd grade, I was accused of motioning for my teacher to kiss my ass. Actually, I did a dorky sort of oh shucks gesture. It turned into a really big issue involving my parents, the principal, and my "permanent record." In hindsight, she can, in fact, kiss my ass.

The only time I ever got detention was when a teacher was handing out a test, and told us all to be quiet. The guy behind me said something and she yells "[DeaconCav06], WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!?!?!?!"

I told her that I didn't say anything. She gives me the old, "Don't you dare lie to me." The guy behind me says "I'm sorry. I said something. I was asking for a pen."

Teacher says, "Joe, this doesn't involve you. Be quiet."

I look at her and say, "Are you serious, he just said it was him. Are you joking?"

She tells me to get out of her classroom. I stand up and throw my exam and the pen on the ground and say "This is bullshit."

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air"

This is a true story:

20 years ago I came pedaling home from work on my bicycle. Lived on the peninsula in Seattle so it was steep climb and I was totally gassed. Get to the top of the hill to the house I was renting with two guys I didn't know all that well and there were three cop cars parked on the road and six cops in the yard and the front door. I pedaled up and they pulled me off my bike and asked me if I was [my roommate]. I said no. They had me open up the house and I said the guys's name (MIke) and he said "what" from the other room and they barged past me and arrested him. He asked me to call his sister as he left and it took me a good hour to find her number.

He had been trying to buy property in the mountains and had been sleeping in the back of his truck at a rest stop where a woman was raped and knifed (she lived, but it was attempted murder charge). She apparently IDed him off a black and white copy of his driver's license. The county responsible was totally fucked. It was a town in Washington state dressed up to look like a German village. Anyway, they arrest him, he fails the lie detector test and I start to think maybe he did it. He gets house arrest (his sister was married to a local attorney) and I go visit him and he asks if I will take all his money and send it to him somewhere in Mexico and I say no. Now I think he really did do it.

First day of the trial, the woman walks past him in the hallway. He doesn't recognize her obviously and before the trial even starts she says that's not the guy.

This town ended up in a huge scandal for arresting just about every adult with children for child molestation via a day care center that turned out to be nothing but an insane sheriff and few idiots getting 3 year old kids to say that everyone they knew molested them. Can't remember the name of the town.

Wenatchee Washington was the town:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_child_abuse_prosecutions

Back