• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Price of Politics by Bob Woodward

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
I just bought a copy this weekend and I am about 1/4 of the way in. Has anyone else read this?

I am a sucker for Woodward so I will read nearly anything he puts out. This is very much in his style...inside and interesting. My early take away is that (no surprise) our "leaders" have failed us in the last 2-4 years more than even I thought. President Obama really squandered his momentum in his first 90 days and showed his greenness and the Republicans got their feelings hurt and overplayed their hand. Also, Obama's worst move to date was selecting Rahm Emanuel as COS. I don't say this often but he was bad for not only Obama but America as a whole...wrong man wrong time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

Bob Woodward is just a pinko commie lib shill... oh wait.

I have not read the book, but almost every Pres. enters the job green no matter how much experience they might think they have and falters early.

Bob Woodward is just a pinko commie lib shill... oh wait.

That is one thing I love about Woodward. Whoever he writes about claims he is for the other side and his book is unfair...yet he ALWAYS gets unprecedented access.

Heard Woodward on Joe this week giving Pubs way too much credit for wanting to work with Obama. Woodward writes good books, but he always also has an agenda.

The problem is he got facts wrong in this one. The call to Pelosi and the willingness of the GOP to compromise are just plain wrong.

The problem is he got facts wrong in this one. The call to Pelosi and the willingness of the GOP to compromise are just plain wrong.

Wait. I thought we established on the other thread that the Dem narrative re: Pub intransigence was inaccurate. Do we have to revisit that every time?

I've never said Republicans were ever interested in negotiating in good faith. They never were.

Ryan using Simpson-Bowles is a joke. He voted against it and said he opposed anything that raised taxes.

I've never said Republicans were ever interested in negotiating in good faith. They never were.

Ryan using Simpson-Bowles is a joke. He voted against it and said he opposed anything that raised taxes.

Fuck. I thought we had made progress on that one. I even crowed to the wife that the board moderate had moved a little due to my brilliant prose and rhetoric.

Fuck.

Fuck. I thought we had made progress on that one. I even crowed to the wife that the board moderate had moved a little due to my brilliant prose and rhetoric.

Fuck.

You talk about the board with your wife?

Absolutely, because if anyone knows the facts, it's rj.

Pelosi said the call never happened. There is ample evidence that the GOP would never have raised tax rates.

Pelosi said the call never happened. There is ample evidence that the GOP would never have raised tax rates.

Nancy Pelosi would never ever ever ever ever lie for political reasons.

Lol...forgive me, but I am going to go with perhaps the most respected journalist in history on this one.

Lol...forgive me, but I am going to go with perhaps the most respected journalist in history on this one.

stretch-armstrong-ng1.jpg

You know its possible that Obama made mistakes in his first four years...and you know its ok to admit them right?

Back