• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pawlenty Quits as Romney Co-Chair

T-Paw is a pussy.

Pipe dream, IMO. Polls are showing that negative TVs ads aren't working in the swing states. Romney's fiscal advantage may amount to nothing. Turns out, no one is really swayed by negative political advertising. People are mostly just distrustful/annoyed.

I disagree. Generally speaking, I think negative ads are effective. They lose their effectiveness, however, when they support a terrible candidate.

Just another Republican who decided to go for the money. It's a common trait in the Greedy Old Party. Greed & Republicans go together like peas & carrots.

Im not sure if you ever listen to Left, Right and Center, but I'm 100% convinced you are really Robert Scheer. He wrote "The Great American Stickup: How Reagan Republicans and Clinton Democrats Enriched Wall Street While Mugging Main Street" and routinely rants about how Truman was the worst terrorist we've ever seen since he nuked Japan.

And this isnt a crack, but 99% of what you post I hear him saying. Eerie.

First time I've ever heard his name mentioned. (Never heard of "Left, Right & Center", either.) I'll look him up.

ETA: I checked out the wiki article on him...and I can see where you would get that idea. Here are some things from that article where he & I are thinking in lock-step:

During this period Scheer made a bid for elective office as one of the first anti-Vietnam War candidates.

His latest book, 'The Great American Stickup,' blames the 'captains of finance' for causing the 2008 'meltdown' of the global economy in the first place and then profiting from the tax dollars that were thrown at the problem — 'a giant hustle that served the richest of the rich

On June 3, 2003, Scheer concluded that White House justifications for the war were a "big lie."

Scheer wrote an article entitled "What We Don't Know About 9/11 Hurts Us" for the LA Times. In it, he asked, "Would George W. Bush have been reelected president if the public understood how much responsibility his administration bears for allowing the 9/11 attacks to succeed?"

I did not support Rand Paul's senate bid in Kentucky, of course.

Left, Right and Center is a radio show on KCRW. Youc an download the podcast. Its a good 30 minute show and Scheer is a regular. He literally says 5 things, the same 5 things, on every show. He hates Robert Rubin and Geitner and just blasts Clinton for repealing G/S. I just love it when he rags on Truman.

He does like Ron Paul's hatred of the fed...

I wouldn't leave my unborn kids alone with Tim Pawlenty, just saying. The dude weirds me out.

Republicans are genuinely concerned about children.......from conception until birth. After that, they can be sacrificed for another tax cut.

Why do you feel the need to hyper politicize everything? I was just making a joke.

Is it true that Romney is going to replace Alan West with Larry Wilbourne as Senior Black Token? Or will it be Vanilla Ice?

Back